Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: used centerpin  (Read 6933 times)

shi man oh man

Re: used centerpin
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 05:34:16 PM »

Riboclava name your price, as i am interested in that setup

ribolovac02

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 06:30:54 PM »

hey shi man,heres my phone number,will try to make a deal,since this is not the buy and sell section.
778-999-0524 give me a call any time
Cheers
BTW my name is Anto
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 06:50:33 PM by ribolovac02 »

salmonlover

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 06:32:58 PM »

i guess i should have stressed going to look at means...ive already talked to a guy on craigslist and am waiting to see what it looks like. tomorrow i will know for sure.

welsh wizard

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 05:44:25 PM »

hey shi man,heres my phone number,will try to make a deal,since this is not the buy and sell section.
778-999-0524 give me a call any time
Cheers
BTW my name is Anto
i would be interested too if its still available

ribolovac02

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 10:01:19 PM »

my pnone number as posted above 778-999-0524 feel free to call any time

chromer

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 08:44:56 AM »

hey Salmonlover,if you dont find nothing i have a sage 3113m,and a gold islander in good condition with waranty and case and pouch for the reel,we can work out a deal if you wanna take a look at it.
Cheers  ;D

Anto, getting a different set up? or just tired of the pin? I usually grab my 11 bearing Calais. I'm getting old and need a nap and have a sore back after fishing the pin all day...lol
Shoot me an email, we've chatted before on another site.

salmonlover

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 05:56:01 PM »

rod and reel are like brand new. the problem isnt checking what to look for on a used centerpin. its learning to cast good distances  ???

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 09:38:53 PM »

older classic reels are way nicer anyways and can usually take alot more of a beating then some of the newer ones. While Islanders are nice and shiny you will be pi**ed if you scratch it  :'(

there is definately some nice reels out there you can look at besides Islanders, some available locally and some not.

Hard to go wrong with any of the older model Silex reels ...not talking about the the one simply called the "Silex" (i970's on) which are OK as well.  I'm talking about the Super, Jewel, Major, or the Superba.  Got my Superba back in the 1964 for Christmas when I was 9.  The old man never let me forget he spent $25 on it which I guess was a fair bit to put out on a reel back then.

Although I do fly fish a lot on the rivers I've fished that reel hard for over 45 years and expect it to last me for the rest of my life..... and if it doesn't I have a brand new one I picked up a few years back (samre Model) still in the Hardy box that has yet to see the water just in case DISASTER STRIKES.

lapa

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2010, 08:25:52 PM »

Is there any way to find what type of bearing installed on the reel ? For example on Islander  - ABEC 3 or factory ungraded ABEC 7