Are some members too uptight ???

yes
- 27 (75%)
no
- 7 (19.4%)
maybe
- 2 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Uptight Forum Members  (Read 2078 times)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Uptight Forum Members
« on: July 13, 2007, 06:17:01 PM »

Reading some posts now and in the past I have come to the conclusion that some members are way too uptight and get offended a lil too easy .... maybe some certain members need to lighten up and learn how moderate their blood pressure !!!  ;D ;D
  Rodney recently closed down a report which was just a bunch of fun, in which nobody that didn't want to be included wern't !! not only that but it was probably the best report I have read in a long time.... and believe it or not it was written by BigSteel of all people !! I like to have fun.. keeps me young !! if this site is going to be this tightly regulated maybe it is time to find a new fishing home  :-\

TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

bentrod

• Old Timer
Re: Uptight Forum Members
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 08:32:41 PM »

From time to time, (especially during the fall) the forum can turn into a bragging post.  I think it's inherent with a fishing forum.  Even I have been guilty of taking things personally and needing to step back and chill out.  For the most part, what I've read from others makes me believe that I wouldn't mind fishing with most all of you.   

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 10:12:56 PM »

i actually laughed at that thread kinda lame it got closed lol.

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 10:21:13 PM »

My opinion?  I think Rod's got a point in so far as there are many sensitive people out there who might get offended.  And there are kids on this forum.  And, it's Rod's site so what he says goes.  Me?  I like a bit of tasteless humor and for what it's worth, I thought BS (or GS, as someone had proposed.  Ooops!  Sorry!) wrote a fairly entertaining report...for adults who aren't easily offended or overly sensitive to these issues or are plain just politically incorrect.  But maybe there's a time and place for everything when all's said and done.
President Club S. C. & P.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 10:23:34 PM »

Thanks Rick, Bentrod and Kelly.   ;)  The report wasn't really suppposed to turn out like that.  But after falling, and worrying about my waders and new rod, then the deer then falling again....  well..... it sort of took on a life of itself.  I had a feeling that it would be closed sooner or later. :-\    Bottom line is, I am glad I was able to make at least a few laugh. 
  Oh, and Rodney...  that was the first report of that type I have posted.  I don't mean fishless, as I have reported quite a few of those over the last while... darnit. ;D  But I was just having some fun, thought some people would like it, and didn't mean to offend anyone by posting it. :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 10:32:29 PM »

Edit: Nevermind, who cares anyway. :-*