Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sage brown blank question  (Read 7075 times)

Silex-user

Re: Sage brown blank question
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 04:02:50 AM »

Back in early 90's I brought blemish Sage fly rod RPL 796 from Riddick's or Roddick's Fly.... I can not remember actually name of store it used to be on Canada way road near Boundary road. I remember the lady name was Kathy.

Silex-user

speycaster

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 07:01:13 AM »

Ruddicks,and yes the ladies name was kathy. Her father in law was named Ken, her husbands name is Malcolm. The original store was in maple Ridge in Ken's  basement. Just a little bit of history from the old guy.

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 07:53:14 AM »

Yeah, I remember Ruddicks.  In the late 90's and early 2000's, they were at Granville Island (too bad they're not still there, as I frequent Granville Island), then moved to North Vancouver before closing the shop.  My good friend and fishing mentor's son and nephew used to work for Ruddicks - now both boys have moved on to other shops and both are well known top rods - fly and gear.

As for the Sage logo, I didn't know about the blemish blanks.  Interesting.  I'm guessing that Sage won't warranty these rods?  Nice photos Milo - I've got Sage fly rods, and now a CT 2106 (green blank) myself and it rocks!  I know it's not the classic brown blank, but it's a great rod!  My RPL+ is a classic brown blank though... ;)

lapa

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 12:23:59 PM »

Thanks a lot for responses. The rod I saw without logo was top quality built. A really nice rod. I don't think experienced rod builder
will spend energy to produce fake rod. :-\

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 08:47:31 AM »

I was mistaken about Sage not having any printed info on brown blank of my 4120. I just pick it up from replacing the guides. My old rod looks like new again :)