Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pontoon Boats  (Read 7047 times)

James

Re: Pontoon Boats
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 10:15:51 PM »

I have looked at all the websites for the makers , the problem is , Not many local stores carry the products , they usually are brand specific , meaning , they only carry one brand name , and it is usually the higher end models , forcing us to spend more than we may need to .

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 10:44:30 PM »

just had this discussion elsewhere.....if yer gonna cheap out on yer toon....make sure you have life insurance....oh hell....here ya go...a lil' insight.... http://forum.fishbc.com/index.php?showtopic=31435  hope it helps you make a good descision...;)))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2006, 09:30:56 AM »

One major disadvantage to the pontoon boat....wind. I was fishing Jones Lake last year in the wind and noticed a guy in a pontoon struggling to get away from shore into the wind. Was in the kayak and blew by him like no problemo. People in belly boats were not being blown around so much, but getting waves down the crack of their waders... Have looked into buying one myself and now know that can be a problem. I have had the same wind problem in my $30 vinyl 3 person inflatable.

http://www.wholesalesports.com/index.htm

horrible web site but good deals on pontoons
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

James

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2006, 11:49:20 AM »

wholesale sports has good sales , but i think shippin costs are goin to kill the savings .