Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pontoon Boats  (Read 7048 times)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Pontoon Boats
« on: March 08, 2006, 01:39:47 AM »

I was at the sportsmen show and saw all those pontoon boats.  I am really interested in getting one as is my bro.  They were from oucast boats.  The fish cat 9 and fishcat cougar were the ones we were looking at.  Anybody have one of these or have used one of these before.  Anyinfo would be great.
weeeeeeeeeow!

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Pontoon Boats
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 08:26:24 AM »

9 foot minimum for running the Fraser. Try them before buying the one you want, I think most places that sell them have loaners.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 08:38:36 AM »

I've used a 7ft fishcat streamer before. Was more than adequate for lakes. I also took it for a drift down the Artnako, which is around the same size as the vedder. Let me tell you, it was a little scary in a few places, definitly under gunned.
Actions speak louder than words.

James

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 02:35:17 PM »

I was thinking of upgrading to a pontoon boat also , after seeing so many at the show , and noticing that the prices have come WAY down from when they were first introduced .
Are Float tubes obsolete or what ?
I am only interested in the smaller sizes though , no river runs with it for me  :o
My concern about them is the cost of repair or replacement of a tube if you get a hole or the seam breaks , I am using a tire tube for my float tube i have now , and it seems very durable , But i noticed that the tubes on the cheaper Pontoon boats dont look like they will hold up too long , So any info on durability would be appreciated . I didn't mean to hijack the thread , just though i would express my opinion about them .

stryker 07

• Piss on work,gotta go fishing
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 05:44:16 PM »

Ive got the fishcat 9.Had it for a year now.I'll never get back in a belly boat.Cant say enough about them.Noticed that they were selling like hotcakes at the show.
Please honey can i go fishing now???

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 10:28:08 PM »

I have a waterskeeter river runner. Great boat. Not a problem with it. Taken it donw the Kettle river, was a fun time.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 10:33:07 PM by IH8XC »

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 07:53:51 PM »

Maybe some of the fly or fish shop guys could give us a run down on what's a decent boat for like a thousand and under? i'm in the market as well so that would be cool.

James

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 09:08:22 PM »

I am having a hard time even find places that sell them , i know of 2 places , but they are only carrying the high end models , Does anyone know of a  Canadian based company that sells the Entry Level Pontoon Boats ?
This one was brought to my attention , it is a discontinued model , but at a great price , even after exchange and taxes , My only concern would be the costs of bringin it across the border . such as duty and extra shipping charges .
http://www.creekcompany.com/indivdisplay.php?primaryAutoID=6&Department=Pontoon%20Boats

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 09:17:53 PM »

I am having a hard time even find places that sell them , i know of 2 places , but they are only carrying the high end models , Does anyone know of a  Canadian based company that sells the Entry Level Pontoon Boats ?
This one was brought to my attention , it is a discontinued model , but at a great price , even after exchange and taxes , My only concern would be the costs of bringin it across the border . such as duty and extra shipping charges .
http://www.creekcompany.com/indivdisplay.php?primaryAutoID=6&Department=Pontoon%20Boats

I know my buddy got his out of Seattle, he had a problem with one of the bladders and took it down to them ( an air refilling problem and he wanted to see how they did it) and they just gave him a new one and a cover, I'll ask him what the name is but i'm pretty sure it's the trout unlimited ones...won't cost you any shipping if you go down and pick it up...and he said they are great if you have any problems..

James

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 09:23:18 PM »

thanks , i'll look into them , Shipping would not even be a problem since the boat itself is only around $220 CAD before tax and shipping , it is the damned border . i belive they ship buy UPS , and they can charge huge fee's and basically make it up when they see the reciepts . And if i drive across to buy one , then i still have to pay at the border .
So i am lookin for a local distributer of some of the Entry level $300-$500 boats

stryker 07

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 03:10:17 PM »

check out hubs in abboysford,they carry outcast models around that price range

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 07:18:07 PM »

Outcast has a wide verity of bots and prices they start at 400$. The one i want (fish cat 9) is i think around 670$
weeeeeeeeeow!

stryker 07

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 08:32:37 PM »

they had the fishcat 9 for  $ 549  ;)

James

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 10:01:22 PM »

thanks outcast also has a Streamer xl for $349 i believe , smaller 8ft only .

fullahead

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 10:14:21 PM »

Has anyone tried, the Bucks bage, Southfork?