Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ~~~Randog Takes One On The Chin~~~  (Read 12075 times)

Randog

• Ultimate Sportfishing Adventures
~~~Randog Takes One On The Chin~~~
« on: January 28, 2005, 09:55:47 AM »

Well six days ago, I purchase a little Mazda B2600i from a guy on the Fishbc web board, and yesterday while sitting at a stop sign in Vancouver, a 2005 Blue Chrysler 300m was driving WAAAAY to fast turns the corner wide and WHAMMO head on into my new little truck. I estimated his speed to be at least 70kMH.

We get out to exchange info. and it turns out this YOUNG guy had just rented the car. Idiot!!! So off to the ICBC center, to get the claim registered and do a damage estimate, now I can't get my truck fixed until the other guy calls in and claims resonsability for the accident. I don't think the truck is safe to drive, with no lights , no fender and the wheel grinding when I drive it. But ICBC says it's ok.

I went into the doctor yesterday because of soreness in my back and numbness in my left hand and heel, Dr. says I have whiplash and I will be sore tomorrow, boy was he right. So it's ice and Advil he says and just to take it easy for a few days.

It figures that Mrs. Randog is in Ottawa right now, so no back massages are coming my way soon. No fishing for The Randog for a while now I guess.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
Re: ~~~Randog Takes One On The Chin~~~
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 10:23:02 AM »

Oh, that sucks!   Perhaps you can set up a lawn chair at the side of the river?

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 10:40:34 AM »

What about my 2005 Blue Chrysler 300m, Doesnt anyone feel sorry for me? Hopefully your covered.
The Bigger The Better!

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 10:51:48 AM »

I was hit on Hastings about 10 years ago.  I was on the cell to my office in Torontro when this lady runs a stop sign.  I have enough time to say "F#$&"!  Then there was a huge bang after which I said "I gotta go" to the guy in TO.  She tried to tell ICBC that if I was paying closer attention I would have seen that she didn't see the stop sign and I should have stopped ::)  Go figure.  She lost the case. 

Good healing to you Randog. (no pun intended)  Hope everything goes well for you at ICBC.  Don't settle any injury stuff until you're sure you're better.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 11:10:47 AM »

Don't sign any settlement forms from ICBC til you have fully recovered from your whiplash

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 01:25:12 PM »

Take care of that back Randy. :-\ I hope you're not just faking it so you can get that massage... ;)

The day before I took off to Denmark, I was rear ended. I needed to get the car done in a hurry. ICBC instructed me that I could have it fixed before the other party filed the report, and just get it reimbursed later on.

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 01:29:06 PM »

Randog, I'm not entirely sure but I believe you can get ICBC to cover your costs for Shiatsu massages (rub & tugs). With Mrs. Randog away and you needing therapy, this might be justifyable. Shame about you new little truck - hope you don't experience any long term pains. I recommend you go see my personal doctor - Dr. Vedder. He'll put you on a very specific seasonal phyisiotherapy program. You might even need to take July to October off. Get better man.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 01:39:14 PM »

Dr. Chill Wedder ? ;)

Randog

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 01:44:56 PM »

Just got back from my Doctor, Dr. Winteroff with a big bottle of Cyclobenzaphrine (easy for you to say) and the Lanny Waller steelheading video tape. That should stop those achin' muscles. ;D

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 02:46:24 PM »

Just got back from my Doctor....with a big bottle of Cyclobenzaphrine. That should stop those achin' muscles. ;D
That stuff is deadly poison and will make you stupid and sick-I know I've taken it in the past. :P
What you need to do now is go to the Health Food store/pharmacy and buy some Arnica pills and take them according to directions.There is no better cure for soft tissue injuries-if there's bruising then buy some Arnica cream as well-your bruising will disappear in a few days.

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2005, 03:50:09 PM »

Hope you get well soon Randog, too bad your wifes away at this time but at least you have us ;D. Sorry about your truck as well but if you find yourself feeling that you would heal quicker if you were just at the river I'm sure with as many members as we have someone is close enough to chaffeur. I'll raise a glass to you tonite Randog for a speedy recovery. Take care and we'll see you soon.
                                                                                   :) ;) :D ;D

Randog

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2005, 06:36:13 PM »

Wooooh dem drugs are pretty fowerpul it's all I ca do to keep my eyes open.
 I goota' hit the couch. Latter guys.

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2005, 07:02:43 PM »

sorry bout your back but take it easy i been off 6 months so far from a back injury. also watch icbc they can screw you good if not careful. get better soon springs are comming

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2005, 08:35:43 PM »

Sad to hear RanDog! Hope you're feeling up to snuff soon!
Last Friday, a drunk crossed over the center line of the highway just outside of Port Alberni, and smashed hard into my huge ol' 4x4. Looks like she may be a write-off  :'(
Felt OK for a couple of days, but now the back hurt so much today I've done little excpet eat codine and lay in bed all bloody day. SUCKS!
Hoping I feel good enough to get out in the next few days, and wishing the same for you!

Cheers,
Nog

fishersak

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2005, 10:32:46 PM »

Guys, seriously, make sure you follow your physio's instructions.  I am still having problems with my middle and lower back from an accident 2 years ago. DON'T settle with ICBC (and they will try to buy you off) until you are sure you are well, as perviously suggested, it takes a LONG time for your back to recover and there will be many setbacks (a sor back even makes fishing difficult).

Also, I have found that holding and swinging a fishing rod out in front of your body for an entire day can be followed by several days of discomfort, remember to take periodic rests during the day, and invest in as light a setup as you can afford, since I got a lighter setup fishing all day as gotten easier (you will be surprised how a small difference in your setup will make a big difference on your back).  Good luck with your recovery.