Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, November 11th 2010  (Read 730 times)

devon42

Chilliwack River, November 11th 2010
« on: November 11, 2010, 03:21:28 PM »

had the day off so went to the river to see what i could catch, started in the upper river but I'm a noob and don't know good spots in the upper so didn't spend alot of time their so i left and went to the lower. on my way to the lower about a minute above the crossing i see a black bear crossing a side channel going towards the road. gotta be careful out there as just up the road there were guys fishing and people walking their dogs.

went to a spot in the lower and chucked some real nice roe out, after a few casts float goes down and a nice jack on but falls off at the beach. few minuets later float goes down again and i land another chrome hatchery jack and release it back into the flow. that was all for the day and defiantly my last trip to the vedder this season.

one more cast

Re: Chilliwack River, November 11th 2010
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 03:26:03 PM »

Thanks for the report and yeah...easy pickings for the bears this time of year.
Seen one a the cap a few weeks ago.

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 03:37:21 PM »

i couldn't resist going out today - so i did.

Fished upper river, landed 3 jacks, two were wild which were twice the size of the 3 hatchery jacks I've caught this season - wonder why that is? The hatchery jack I got today nibbled on my roe on 5 casts in a row haha. Also got a spring which was released and lost what I believe was a coho but all I saw was a reddish hue on the belly as it spat the hook.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 03:48:43 PM »

While cleaning up some garbage this morning in the Lower I saw a fellow lose a fairly clean coho. He was casting a spoon in one of the pits.