Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mike Lake, April 14th 2010  (Read 817 times)

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
Mike Lake, April 14th 2010
« on: April 15, 2010, 07:14:29 AM »

Decided to take advantage of a nice spring day with an extended lunch break as I was working from home (able to telecommute).  Got to the lake just about noon.  The skies were blue, just a slight breeze and the only traffic that could be heard were the birds in the trees and the occasional jetliner making its way to the Vancouver airport.

A few other people were already in the water, one in a canoe, 2 in a dingy, 2 belly boats and one on a float tube.

Slowly made my way along the shoreline in my FishCat with a floating line dangling a micro leech and a chromie on the sinking line.  By the time I got to the far end I still hadn't had eve a nibble. Could see the occasional riser, but from what I saw around me, the others were not faring much better. 

Decided to make another switch, put a Spratley on the floating line and selected a bloodworm for the other.  First cast with the worm, towards the shore, let it sink for a bit, 2 pulls and FISH ON.  I was surprised and was not ready for it.  Managed to collect myself and bring it on in although the fish made it known it wasn't going to make it easy for me. A nice beauty - about 14 inches long.  Reset myself - cast out in the same direction - same thing.  At least this time I was more prepared.  Another 13 inch beaut. I'll try to post some pics tonight. 

Was time for me to head back to 'work', so I slowy made my way back - got a couple of hits - but nothing more.

Days like this make wish I could retire now.  :)
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!