Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 208849 times)

milo

• Old Timer

Good to hear the authorities were out.  :)
Would be nice if they showed up on weekends too, when all the weekend warriors and yahoos are out (including myself! :D)

I'd really like to be checked at least once this season. I fish rather often, yet never get checked...it's frustrating. Makes me wonder where does all that money we pay go?

hue-nut

• Old Timer

to anyone that is wondering, the water is mint!!! sooo nice with about 4' of vis below slesse.

Sandman

• Old Timer

to anyone that is wondering, the water is mint!!! sooo nice with about 4' of vis below slesse.

And about 3' in the canal.
Not all those who wander are lost

HOOK

• Old Timer

3 feet in the canal  ??? It was more then that yesterday and i dont think its rained out there has it. I agree that the water is mint right now even especially for the fly guys  ;D kinda pissed im not going to be out there tomorrow  >:(
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties

Good to hear the authorities were out.  :)
Would be nice if they showed up on weekends too, when all the weekend warriors and yahoos are out (including myself! :D)

I'd really like to be checked at least once this season. I fish rather often, yet never get checked...it's frustrating. Makes me wonder where does all that money we pay go?

The CO was out checking people today, he even had a trainee with him. :o

Sandman

• Old Timer

3 feet in the canal  ??? It was more then that yesterday and i dont think its rained out there has it. I agree that the water is mint right now even especially for the fly guys  ;D kinda pissed im not going to be out there tomorrow  >:(

Only isolated showers.  I was standing on the deep side bank looking into about 6 feet of water and could not see the bottom, and a log that was protruding from the depths disappeared about 3 feet down into a milky haze.  The colour is probably from melting snow runoff rather than rain, it just accumulates the further down you go.  It was beautiful today. I  took my 11 year old daughter out for another crack at fly fishing.   She was fishing a little backwater eddy below the CPR bridge run when an eagle swooped down and picked a whitefish out of the water right next to her line.  She says the eagle stole her fish that was just about to bite her fly.
Not all those who wander are lost

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

i also fished it on saturday in my usual area for 2 hours got a coloured buck and lost a nother one, wasnt many guys out water looked nice but i think clay fell in the river cus after that we went up near chipmunk to fill the truck with wood and the water was gin clear. in surrey its been raining prety hardall day so not sure how itll be looking, but im hoping to get out soon or some fly action  :)
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

I think the Vedder is done for the year. Im more of a gear guy, so It doesnt hurt me as much.  ;D
The Bigger The Better!

milo

• Old Timer

What does the river look like today?
Any chance it will it be fly-fishable tomorrow?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

What does the river look like today?
Any chance it will it be fly-fishable tomorrow?
Still fairly cool and not too much rain today. What time are you leaving tomorrow? If not too early I can check it for you in the AM.

milo

• Old Timer

I don't have to leave very early, so yes, I'd appreciate an update in the morning.
Thanks Chris.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I don't have to leave very early, so yes, I'd appreciate an update in the morning.
Thanks Chris.
What time do you plan on leaving?

milo

• Old Timer

I was thinking of hitting the road around 8:00 - to be on the river by 9:30.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I was thinking of hitting the road around 8:00 - to be on the river by 9:30.
I will give you a report by 7:15 if that is OK.

milo

• Old Timer

That would be awesome, Chris.
Thanks a million!