Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser River Tuesday July 18th 2006  (Read 2463 times)

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
Fraser River Tuesday July 18th 2006
« on: July 18, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »

Decided to give the Fraser a try after a couple of non productive days at the Vedder River.

Got to our spot around 6:00 am and saw someone releasing a sockeye.

For the next hour, a total of 6 fishermen hooked into 6 springs. I myself hooked 3 but was not successful in landing any. I had one 5 feet from shore but the hook and leader connection broke off.!@@@##$%$#%

For the next 3 hours, not a single fish was hook. When we left, 3 fishermen had the whole bar to themselves.

Really.....SLOW...SLOW...SLOW

Might have to go back to the Vedder. My arm is incredibly sore from chucking those 3 oz weight!!!!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Re: Fraser River Tuesday July 18th 2006
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 01:45:21 PM »

if you dont mind me asking what method were you using?? I assume bottom bouncing becasue u were usuing 3oz weights
weeeeeeeeeow!

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 02:52:01 PM »

haha, just keep it to "fishing" :P

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 02:53:54 PM »

I agree, why post reports when you are obviously bottom bouncing. The DFO asks us to use selective methods and here you are bouncing away and letting hundreds of people know. Not a smart move. Do you bounce on the Vedder as well???  ::)

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 03:37:10 PM »

LOL everyone who just cried about BB do you have like the same comment for everyone that BB and just copy and paste. Last time i checked it wasant againts forum rules to post about any fishing method. Good on you SM for hooking into a few. Dont worry about a few who say your gona get dumped. Alot of people BB on this site i know that from seeing you out on the water and by talking to others. ITS NOT A CRIME! there are bigger threats to the socks! just let it go already.
[

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 04:59:17 PM »

Ill respect their requests when they dont give native fisheries openings when us 2 fish per day, stand in the sun all day, throwing 3 ounce, led people dont get one due to the lack of fish. Plus think how many fish get trapped in nets and escape. Those fish must have an even lower chance to reach the spawning grounds , compared to hooked ones.
[

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 05:17:19 PM »

Overall, I would say the majority in the angling community care, and have understood DFO's request and wish to work as one to keep things positive. The latest bar fishing get-togethers on various discussion forums are good examples of this new trend. There will always be some who choose to operate themselves against that request, it is a free country after all. There is really no point blasting the message what they are doing is damaging to the fish, to us, to the overall Fraser Valley community as their minds have already made up. Your best approach would be to introduce bar fishing to more people who are willing to learn by having more of these get-togethers. Having these endless debates is equivalent to yelling at a wall, your time and energy are much more valuable than that. FF and Eddie, your concerns are very valid, but as usual I would like to request these concerns be brought up in existing threads of general discussion instead of the fishing reports. The fishing report section serves a different purpose, and by continuously bringing up the same concerns again and again would actually drive people away from the message that you are trying to deliver. :)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 05:43:27 PM »

Hey Anthony....  are we still on for the bottom bouncing tommorrow??????  :) ;D :)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

avid angler

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 06:30:32 PM »

So dont Bottom Bounce and if you are dont post it

I didn't realize you were in charge of the forum ??? this IS a report forum, all reports are welcome, and it is perfectly legal to BB, the dfo should have just made it bar fishing only if they wanted everyone to stop bottom bounciing. I for one welcome all reports, even ones about bottom bouncing.

habzrule

• ====00=====
    • Make great money online in your spare time
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 06:47:59 PM »

ruh roh...
http://members.shaw.ca/consumerforce/index.html : Best way to make some extra cash for fishing

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 06:59:41 PM »

All I am going to say is that this is a fishing reports section.  Some people only have means to BB, I used to be one of them.  Now I have a choice thanks to this site and many friendly fisherman.  So, if you want to post about whatever fishing, have at it!!  It is your right to say what you want on a forum.  But in the same, be prepared to take some flack!! ;) :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 07:26:40 PM »

Next time, I'm sure he wont post a report. Which is more a loss to our community.. I believe he has the freedom of choice... NO ONE can tell him what to do UNLESS it's illegal!  so maybe if you have opinions keep them to your self, or discuss it with him via e-mail or private message...

thanks for the report!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 07:28:57 PM by Youngin »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 07:35:59 PM »

Thread closed, thank you.

FishFreak, again, I understand the difference in opinions between members, however steelieman and others should not be told what they can or cannot post by other forum participants. This website is not operated by DFO, as long as they are fishing within the regulations, they are welcome to participate in the discussion forum however they want. I am not going to tell a particular group of people who are employing a fishing method that I disagree with not to post their experiences or beliefs on the forum. Why? Because I am not perfect. ;) I have my own ethical standards, others have theirs. This website is a form of media, which follows a certain standard of journalism. It is not a group of people who share the same beliefs and have a mission to accomplish. We are not here to preach that "either join us, or be against us". The moderators operate this discussion forum so it is a friendly and informative environment where everyone can gain something out of it. If anyone has concerns regarding how it is being run, please feel free to email me at info@fishingwithrod.com.