Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pautzke vs Pro-Cure  (Read 2206 times)

adriaticum

• Old Timer
Pautzke vs Pro-Cure
« on: November 20, 2018, 11:26:19 AM »

I have not fished a whole lot in the past 5 years until this season. Been busy with things, hunting etc.
One thing I've noticed is how fast Pautzke cure has replaced Pro-Cure everywhere.
I don't know if I'm the only one noticing this?

Few years back it was all about Pro-Cure, this, that and the other.
Today Pautzke seems to have completely replaced Pro-Cure.
I have not seen or heard any mention of pro-cure this year.
Good thing about Pautzke in my opinion is that it doesn't stain as bad as procure.
It's amazing how one product replaced another in a market completely.

redside1

Re: Pautzke vs Pro-Cure
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 03:04:44 PM »

sales wise I don't think Pautzkes has replaced ProCure in the market place by any means. They both sell and if anything it's still more Pro Cure than Pautzkes.

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 03:37:32 PM »

I start with Pautzke but bought a pro-cure on sale.
The pro-cure has less scent but the color dye stay very well on my fingles.

The cured roe by each both caught fish. However, pautzke cured eggs seems catching more.

243Pete

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 06:00:55 PM »

I used to use Pro-cure and I still do at times but I have found myself favoring Pautzke's fire cure more cause I feel I get better condition eggs.
Curing two skeins from the same chum one in Pro Cure UV and one with Pautzke fire cure, the Pro cure took more time to get juices out and the smell wasn't as strong to my nose when I opened it. The Pautzke Fire cure made more but that was cause the skein I did it with was slightly bigger but not by a signifigant amount, but the amount of juices was considerably more almost 30-40% more and it has that nice shrimpy smell which I actually like for some weird reason.  :o

It's hard to say which catches more but I do feel the Pautzke has gotten me into more fish over the 3 years since I have switched over and the Pautzke seems to be easier to wash off my fingers at the end of the day while the Procure stains much more as my friend asked if I had a pen explode between my fingers, can I give a reasonable explination as to why I feel the Pautzke cure works better? Not really, friends who have used my roe have gotten more fish but that might be coinsidence and same for myself as well.