Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Fraser River pink salmon have you kept in 2009?

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
50+

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42

Author Topic: 2009 Fraser River pink salmon  (Read 195762 times)

fish_oholic

Re: 2009 Fraser River pink salmon
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2009, 05:31:45 AM »

in 2007, first week of september was pick time for lower fraser pinks , 2nd to 3rd for mid fraser

yoda

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2009, 07:29:25 AM »

still a bit  early, drove to a favourite spot of ours for pinks yesterday and only saw one riser, not worth the effort.Give it one more week before craziness happens.

twocoaster

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2009, 08:35:15 AM »

Fished south arm last night during incoming and at peak slack tide, 7-8:30pm. Not a single pink showing, no hits.

Nitroholic

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2009, 02:16:39 PM »

Fished south arm last night during incoming and at peak slack tide, 7-8:30pm. Not a single pink showing, no hits.

As did I, just a bit earlier. Nothing to show for it either. Saw a couple of gillnetters doing their thing though  ???

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2009, 02:48:02 PM »

Was out in the Maple Ridge area of the Fraser today for the incoming tide. A few fish showing but nothing for us. Not worth targeting yet it seems.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2009, 04:47:10 PM »

I am thinking of heading up to the Fraser tomorrow and see if I can get into a few pinks. Any suggestions on were to fish?

Thanks Nicolas.

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2009, 04:55:17 PM »

I went to Army and Navy in New West today to buy a new rod, and on my way there I noticed that the water had dropped a fair a bit and made a little sand beach just across the river from Army and Navy. On that beach, around 20 fishermen were side by side fishing. When I was comming back I wanted to check it out, when I got there I noticed that a few pinks were caught. That might be the spot to try.  ;)

avb

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2009, 07:27:40 PM »

Out at Gill road yesterday, 9 pinks surface in 15 min, all close in to shore. might get in next weekend myself.

mattyo

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2009, 07:35:10 PM »

My buddy and I fished all day today :o. No fish for either of us. Headed up to derby reach and fished all the way down to brownsville. Looked like the guys were doing well with a little bit of roe on a bar rig! We saw about 7 fish caught within about 10 minutes ::). I couldn't confirm if they were pinks or jacks. My guess would be jacks. In total saw about 5 fish surface all day!!! There is fish to be caught, but it seems like the barffers are the ones getting all the action. Might be worth a try. Hopefully soon.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2009, 11:21:38 PM »

We saw about 7 fish caught within about 10 minutes ::). I couldn't confirm if they were pinks or jacks. My guess would be jacks.

Those are jack chinook salmon, which can be quite abundant this time of the year throughout the Fraser River.

mattyo

« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2009, 07:56:14 AM »

Thanks Rod, I had a feeling they were jacks. I know how much those little pigs like roe!!! I might have to try to catch me a couple of those little footballs today. ;D

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2009, 11:42:51 AM »

OK, I've NEVER fished the Fraser, despite the fact that I've lived in the lower mainland for 20 years now..... WHERE is the tidal vs. non tidal border (I assume that besides limit rules etc. that the two different licenses are involved).  I tried the regs, but rocket science blueprint reading is not my strong point!  ;D
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2009, 11:46:21 AM »

the fraser is tidal below the mission bridge.....and non tidal above...you need 2 different licences to fish both areas.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2009, 11:03:23 PM »

Was out at Sandheads for 6 hrs today & there were ALOT of boats out there as well 20 or so (did not really count them)...... mostly seemed dead for us but for about 2 hours more fish showed on the finder & in "spots" quite a few jumpers. I had a hit but it did not get hooked well. SO basically slow & early yet Noticed as we returned there were lots of people casting from shore ( Gerry Pt Park)  Guess I should of bought Rodneys Pink "specials"....just that I have about $50 worth of lures for pinks already so am using them.  Patience ...as mentioned they should be arriving in a week or so in BIG NUMBERS. ---- Talked to  a young man & his girl yesterday who were fishing near Gilbert Rd & he had no idea about the Pink run etc... but he sounded interested so I gave him info about this site (fishingwithrod)  So hi to ya if your viewing this website..
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 11:05:51 PM by arimaBOATER »

bcguy

« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2009, 09:09:56 AM »

Out for the incoming tide yesterday evening, from Albion to the end of River road, saw a few rises and and a couple finning along close to shore, one hit, but nothing to the shore, wont be long now before it really heats up.
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42