Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: People reefing in pinks  (Read 6754 times)

bunnta

Re: People reefing in pinks
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2013, 08:24:23 PM »

After they catch them just reeling as hard as they can is crazy , I seen alot of it. But then when they bonk them is crazy too . Hitting the fish 3,4,5,6,7 times to kill it. You are supossed to only  hit it once hard . They are damaging the fish for eating! I feel sorry for them or? they are stupid

Have you seen a fish still move around, jump and flap like he's still alive after receiving the rock shampoo or wooden shampoo? Reason most of us hit them over a few times is so it dies instantly, so it is kinda cruel to let it suffer a long slow death. Best way....bonk it till you pretty much stunned it, bleed it and clean it right away and throw in it in the ice. I've witness a person bonk it, bleed it and clean it and the fish is still alive and swims off....when he put it in the water but..it didn't go far. luckily he got it back.

jacklam999

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 10:31:14 PM »

i agree, i see people using like 20lb test line and gear.For me I dont fish for food, i just want to enjoy the fight, thats why i alwayss use a 2-6lb rod with a 6lb 1000 reel

Drewhill

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2013, 10:43:06 PM »

i agree, i see people using like 20lb test line and gear.For me I dont fish for food, i just want to enjoy the fight, thats why i alwayss use a 2-6lb rod with a 6lb 1000 reel

2-6lb rod is pretty light for pinks.

koifish

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 11:38:06 PM »

this is a proven method that works. witnessed it two days by the same fisherman so....don't think it doesn't work. he mimicked a single egg roe with the skien flesh, outfished me and i was using bait.

What where you guys catching?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2013, 07:25:54 AM »

2-6lb rod is pretty light for pinks.
I have been using 10lb Maxima Ultra green as a leader with my fly rod. Pinks aren't really that sensitive to leader diameter. I have been catching piles of fish in gin clear water. People using 6lb fluorocarbon etc is just overkill. 
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 01:20:42 PM »

Everyone was a newbie once.  Don't get bent out of shape - offer to lend a hand and share your knowledge!

We are newbies and have lots to learn.
It's ppl like Tex whom I met at 5rd patiently teaching newbies makes fishing fun.

Hey, very cool to see you here!  Glad I could help.   ;D

t-bone

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 02:44:15 PM »

10lb is the most your going to need for pinks, the rookies use 25lb with 15 leader and that's why they muscle them in.