Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This Is How Peg Looks On August 30th, 2010  (Read 5246 times)

dennyman

• Old Timer
Re: This Is How Peg Looks On August 30th, 2010
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 04:52:58 PM »

My advice to you would be to park up alongside the road leading in to Peg Leg. Walk down and check out the channel. If it appears to be all chewed up from vehicle traffic wet wade across the channel. Doing hundreds if not possibly thousands of dollars damage to a front wheel drive car for two fish, IMO makes no sense.  
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 05:09:48 PM by dennyman »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 05:38:34 PM »

Is Peg wadable now opn foot? How deep? Can sedans on front wheel drive make it through? I know a earlier post says a 2 wheeler not making it, but is it an exception (like it may be crossing at the wrong spot)? I am thinking to bring my front-wheel drive Camry there. Not sure if I can cross it with that.
If you pick your spot to cross you should be OK. On the other hand we should not be driving across a wetted area because of possible damage to smolts etc. but I was yesterday too as I had no wading boots and wanted to film the show but that is no excuse and I should have waited for another day to film. :o ??? ::) :-[

Weatherby

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 06:55:49 PM »

If anyone needs any tips on casting watch the first 10 seconds of the second video. The trick is to throw your leg back and lean forward as you cast.  ;D

haha

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 11:43:02 PM »

Seen it worse than that out there...  Haven't fished for river socks in awhile, but don't know if I could do it again.  Those long rods and lines and weights scare me, need my eyes.  Scares me to see all the kids so close to the action out there, especially barefoot...

Maybe they should ban vehicles past the creek...  ???

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 12:20:51 PM »

I found the video a bit boring...one must go there to really experience the carnage to get a feel of what is going on there...i just dont understand how people can partake in the madness. I have never seen things so bad anywhere i have ever fished in North America. What a embarrisment. ???

fishfinder

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 03:20:00 PM »

That's normal for Peg Leg during sockeye and pink seasons.

one must go there to really experience the carnage to get a feel of what is going on there

I dropped by today to have a look and yes, you really have to be there to see the immense scope of it. Video or photo cannot do it justice.  It was actually fun to watch. Despite the craziness of it all everyone got along just fine and were having good time catching fish. Kinda reminded me of a busy ant colony in action.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 09:21:31 PM »

That's normal for Peg Leg during sockeye and pink seasons.

I dropped by today to have a look and yes, you really have to be there to see the immense scope of it. Video or photo cannot do it justice.  It was actually fun to watch. Despite the craziness of it all everyone got along just fine and were having good time catching fish. Kinda reminded me of a busy ant colony in action.

Good points!  

These folks are here because this is the most accessible spot for them to catch a sockeye or 2. They are making the best of the situation and I agree that it's fun to watch it. There is a vibrancy that this great run of sockeye has brought to the river and the community as well. We should appreciate it rather than complaining about it or belittling the people participating in it..
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[