Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: T 10 Area, Pt. Grey. Monday Sept 19  (Read 1521 times)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
T 10 Area, Pt. Grey. Monday Sept 19
« on: September 19, 2005, 08:46:26 PM »

hi everyone.

got to the T10 this afternoon. Dropped in and there was 1 other boat. A 17 foot Double Eagle, one guy on board. Got everything all set up started to make a pass. Looked back at the other boat and saw him hooked up. While watching, we saw him hook up, and I saw a large spring jump out of the water. We watched him playing the fish, and watched the fish clear the water about 3 times, coming out about 4 feet! WOW!

After about 10 minutes we were pretty close and we saw it pop off. Asked him what happened and he stated that it had snagged in the side and the hooks tore through or popped out. Oh well.

We continued fishing and the other boat wandered off and I just kept making pass after pass on the drop off to the North and South of the marker, fishing inside and outside covering the area in the usual fashion. 6 rods, 6 flashers, hootchies and herring.

We hooked and landed about a mature 10 lb spring, and about a 9 lb Wild Coho which we released beside the boat. oh well, no big boys for us.

Quite a bit of bird activity and in the shallows we saw about 20 to 30 Dall's porpoises, which proceeded to hang about for the next 2 hours--porpoising all over the place in the shallows the east of the .  ::) It was fun watching them porpoise about, and watch about 4 or 5 seals about the area obviously working some sort of bait.

All in all, a fun trip, not a whole lot going on, but the water was FLAT FLAT FLAT. So flat in fact that we timed ourselves from the launch at Vanier to the T10, we knocked it off 23 minutes and 33 seconds which is flying!!!!! Total gas bill probably just over 50 bucks.

Was it worth it? definitely!  ;)

Next trip? Tomorrow afternoon. :) report to be filed upon return.

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: T 10 Area, Pt. Grey. Monday Sept 19
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 09:27:16 PM »

Very nice fishin,  I've got to say that I'm a bit jealous of you and your boat!!!!!  Of all the time that I have spent fishing out here, I have never had the pleasure of fishing out of a boat in the chuck or the ocean.  So you just keep making those reports. I'll live vicariously through them.  I know it is sad,  But don't worry about me, I'll get by. :'( :'( ;D ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 09:54:15 PM »

Hook up with a local charter firm and get a few buddies together, get a case of beer, some munchies, and book a 6 or 7 hour charter--and experience what saltwater fishing is all about at this time of year---if you want big springs this is the time of year to go. Private message me for the best local firms to go with. The downside is that if you have 4 people, it's probably going to cost you anywhere from $110 to $160 depending on what firm and what fishing options you want to pursue, but then again what do you get for that money today? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! :)

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 10:25:35 PM »

Thanks for the info fishin, but no money right now, putting the girlfriend through school.  I can barely afford to go fishin on the weekends. :P :P :P
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!