Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More on the Whistler area  (Read 1570 times)

Orerockon

More on the Whistler area
« on: September 24, 2009, 06:39:07 AM »

Wow, once again you guys (and gals?) have been a great help, I can't post a reply to the original thread, so I just want to thank you all for the great help! I had no idea about the online licenses, what a great time saver :) Thanks for your offline replies too, I will be sure to check out the hotspots and am definitely going to try Lost Lake if we get reservations in the village for a fancy-pantsy dinner for my wife's first trout on a dry. I love showing up at a post joint smelling like fresh slime   ;D I too have avoided it in the past because fishing for small stocked trout is something I left behind when my kids tired of trolling spinners for stockies at our local "combat fishing" lake LOL. Is it feasible to carry a tube in there or are you even allowed to tube it? If there isn't a dock she may have issues with casting. Also sounds like I might have to break out my 4 wt "brush rod" that I built for catching big brookies in tiny streams where I grew up in Pennsylvania. That rod made a 8" brookie feel like a 15" cutt! Also I will definitely be stopping in at the bait shop in Pemberton for some advice on where to go in that area, I have only fished the Birkenhead and Mosquito on that side of the hill. All this talk of fishing for trout on the small side of my usual targets makes me want to build another 5 wt for the trip, I wish I could do one in 3 days :( (yes I am spoiled by the lake fishing around here!)

PS. I hope it's OK to start another thread on Whistler, I think the original thread is a VERY good resource for anyone heading there for a week or so of flailing the water :)

jimmywits

Re: More on the Whistler area
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 09:05:49 AM »

Wow, once again you guys (and gals?) have been a great help, I can't post a reply to the original thread, so I just want to thank you all for the great help! I had no idea about the online licenses, what a great time saver :) Thanks for your offline replies too, I will be sure to check out the hotspots and am definitely going to try Lost Lake if we get reservations in the village for a fancy-pantsy dinner for my wife's first trout on a dry. I love showing up at a post joint smelling like fresh slime   ;D I too have avoided it in the past because fishing for small stocked trout is something I left behind when my kids tired of trolling spinners for stockies at our local "combat fishing" lake LOL. Is it feasible to carry a tube in there or are you even allowed to tube it? If there isn't a dock she may have issues with casting. Also sounds like I might have to break out my 4 wt "brush rod" that I built for catching big brookies in tiny streams where I grew up in Pennsylvania. That rod made a 8" brookie feel like a 15" cutt! Also I will definitely be stopping in at the bait shop in Pemberton for some advice on where to go in that area, I have only fished the Birkenhead and Mosquito on that side of the hill. All this talk of fishing for trout on the small side of my usual targets makes me want to build another 5 wt for the trip, I wish I could do one in 3 days :( (yes I am spoiled by the lake fishing around here!)

PS. I hope it's OK to start another thread on Whistler, I think the original thread is a VERY good resource for anyone heading there for a week or so of flailing the water :)
So if your in Pemberton at the Spud Valley Hardware/tackle shop ask them how Gates creek mouth into Anderson Lake is fishing, it can be awesome if you time it right. The Trout and dollies from the lake go in behind the salmon to feed on the loose eggs!
tight lines