Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Chilliwack River hatchery marked coho salmon did you retain in fall 2010?

1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Author Topic: 2010 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 112343 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Heavy rain all of last night and still is raining, I am sure the river will be mud but going to look at it now, back  with a report in 10 minutes or so,

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

It is hard to see how deep the visibility is in the dark but it looked OK ,in the Canal area anyway, I was surprised. Of course it could change at any time so I will check again when it gets light.

vancook

• Old Timer

Surprising, thanks for the report chris. Came down in buckets last night. I'm bar fishing the lower fraser today pre- turkey dinner
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 08:49:44 AM by vancook »

Fonda Fishing

lucky.

my river is totally blown out  :'(

Fish Slayer

Lots of branches and debri on the road in the tamahi area, water had about 8" of vis  :-\

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

It is hard to see how deep the visibility is in the dark but it looked OK ,in the Canal area anyway, I was surprised. Of course it could change at any time so I will check again when it gets light.
Just checked it and its gone to 6 inches visibility in the lowere and coming up too, this is the Lower.

NiceFish

• Old Timer

River has come up about a foot through the morning. Fishing was quite good till the river came up where I was fishing, seemed to push the fish away. Visibility has gone way down, I left at 11:30 as I was concerned I may get trapped plus I need to get a haircut before the turkey dinner, haha.

OH and I'm going to sue maxima, the best by test my my friend, FINALLY hook into some NICE coho this AM, lost all 3 because my leaders snapped...honestly the first time i've snapped a leader on a fish that wasn't fouled. 3 times in a row....great stuff. The curse continues! Maybe next time I can get my first vedder coho, although it was rewarding to know that they are finally willing to accept my presentation.

azafai

River has come up about a foot through the morning. Fishing was quite good till the river came up where I was fishing, seemed to push the fish away. Visibility has gone way down, I left at 11:30 as I was concerned I may get trapped plus I need to get a haircut before the turkey dinner, haha.

OH and I'm going to sue maxima, the best by test my ***, FINALLY hook into some NICE coho this AM, lost all 3 because my leaders snapped...honestly the first time i've snapped a leader on a fish that wasn't fouled. 3 times in a row....great stuff. The curse continues! Maybe next time I can get my first vedder coho, although it was rewarding to know that they are finally willing to accept my presentation.

what did you use as presentation if you don't mind?

Robert_G

Just checked 10 minutes ago at the Cultus Lake Bridge.

Brown!!!

A few guys snagging fish of course, and almost a fist fight.

Fisherama

OK,
thanks!!!

When the vis goes down, fishing can be great.  Basically, stealthy presentation goes out the door.  Go big, bright and smelly.  Maybe a bright jig (chartreuse or pink, or some combination) tipped with some prawn, or a big chunk of roe with some chartreuse wool.  Keep your leaders short, size up your hooks, and fish close to shore.  Find some nice slow walking pace - flowing seams. 

BNF861

• Old Timer

Had a little clarity at first light and was getting better, then next thing you know it came up, was brown and pretty much zero visibility. Landed a couple chum before it turned brown but that was it. Stopped by a couple other spots just for a look and there sure was a lot of people and a lot of snagging. Nothing new but still a shame to see. Watched a guy fishing from some rocks drag a boot chinook in by the tail, net it, take a bunch of pictures and finally release it after over three minutes out of the water. Net just full of slime too.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

kindalonismo

Any updates on the river this morning?

Was thinking about coming out for the afternoon/evening from Vancouver, but wanted to hear a couple of reports on water/crowds

Thanks guys

Go4fishing

I checked the River about an hour ago water is clearing up.  The river at Lickman road and Peach road looks like the Fraser River during Sockeye season.  Shoulder to shoulder I have never seen so many people fishing.  It is a big river so there are lots of room somewhere.  Seen a few fish caught and landed. 

kindalonismo

I checked the River about an hour ago water is clearing up.  The river at Lickman road and Peach road looks like the Fraser River during Sockeye season.  Shoulder to shoulder I have never seen so many people fishing.  It is a big river so there are lots of room somewhere.  Seen a few fish caught and landed. 

Thanks Go4fishing, really appreciate it!

Big fan of the less populated spots...might give it a go this afternoon, if not later this week...Cheers