Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Size of Vedder Coho & Chum  (Read 11722 times)

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
Re: Size of Vedder Coho & Chum
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 08:41:39 PM »

You can pretty much tell if it's a wild or hatch when fighting the fish. The wilds just go ballistic. A 3 or 4 pound wild fights like a 6 or 7 pound hatch. When hooked they just start jumping and zipping up and down the run, can't even compare.

SteelheadAdict

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 08:53:42 PM »

u want a good spinning rod i suggest a fenwick HMX in the medium light rod 9 feet long with a shimano Sahara FE in a 2500 with 10 pound line thats what i use for a spinging rod for salmon your other 2 choices are a level wind or a bait caster or a center pin for a level wind i have a lamiglas X-11 Salmon/Steelhead 9 foot 6 for a real i use a abue garcia embasodor best reels around for a baits caster i use a one of the olerd sage drift rods with a shimano curodo they were lighter than the new ones and the were like fishing an ultra lite rod its u and the fish for a cp i use a shimano clarus with an islander or a millner reel i have 2 cp both clarus rods but one has a millner cp reel and the the other a shimano and all my hoes this year are small bigest one so far is 8.5 pound doe nice and silver

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 09:23:49 PM »

You want a medium or medium heavy spinning rod and minimum 12lb if you are going to be hooking chums, especially after we get some rain. It can get really expensive really fast if you are fishing hardware and there are a lot of those guys around.

Pin-nook

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2012, 01:13:21 PM »

You can pretty much tell if it's a wild or hatch when fighting the fish. The wilds just go ballistic. A 3 or 4 pound wild fights like a 6 or 7 pound hatch. When hooked they just start jumping and zipping up and down the run, can't even compare.

SERIOUSLY....so from what you are saying I don't even need to look for an adipose fin, bonk that coho cause it didn't fight like a wild!! Every fish is different; some go crazy right off the bat,  some bulldog it till they get in close then go crazy, and some are just plain weak and give up right away. 

I get a kick out of seeing/hearing a guy call it before actually seeing the fish. "Must be a wild, it's fighting real good!"...haha, c'mon seriously??

Seriously though, coho aren't that great most times!  Most of the battle is right after the strike where they are rolling and flipping and maybe a couple short runs but done after that! I personally think excluding steelhead, Sockeye "properly" hooked fights better!

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2012, 03:04:30 PM »

u want a good spinning rod i suggest a fenwick HMX in the medium light rod 9 feet long with a shimano Sahara FE in a 2500 with 10 pound line thats what i use for a spinging rod for salmon your other 2 choices are a level wind or a bait caster or a center pin for a level wind i have a lamiglas X-11 Salmon/Steelhead 9 foot 6 for a real i use a abue garcia embasodor best reels around for a baits caster i use a one of the olerd sage drift rods with a shimano curodo they were lighter than the new ones and the were like fishing an ultra lite rod its u and the fish for a cp i use a shimano clarus with an islander or a millner reel i have 2 cp both clarus rods but one has a millner cp reel and the the other a shimano and all my hoes this year are small bigest one so far is 8.5 pound doe nice and silver

See this?  .

It's called a period.  Learn to use it.   ;)  Or at least try a comma once in a while.

Heck, I'd be ok with just the odd hyphen, or almost any other punctuation for that matter!  lol

salmonlover

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2012, 04:59:55 PM »

See this?  .

It's called a period.  Learn to use it.   ;)  Or at least try a comma once in a while.

Heck, I'd be ok with just the odd hyphen, or almost any other punctuation for that matter!  lol

guess I better brush up on my grammar....seeing how there is a grammar officer on patrol  :(

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2012, 05:31:08 PM »

SERIOUSLY....so from what you are saying I don't even need to look for an adipose fin, bonk that coho cause it didn't fight like a wild!! Every fish is different; some go crazy right off the bat,  some bulldog it till they get in close then go crazy, and some are just plain weak and give up right away. 

I get a kick out of seeing/hearing a guy call it before actually seeing the fish. "Must be a wild, it's fighting real good!"...haha, c'mon seriously??

SERIOUSLY... you might want to read a post a few times before trashing someone, lemme help you with that...

You can pretty much tell if it's a wild or hatch when fighting the fish. 

Can you please underline anywhere in the post where I said that you shouldn't "
even need to look for an adipose fin, bonk that coho cause it didn't fight like a wild
?" Just like you, I get a kick out of people not being able to reading a post right before they trash people. I agree, all fish are different, that's why I used the word "pretty much." So read through it a few times before you choose to snap at me.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 07:57:09 PM »

guess I better brush up on my grammar....seeing how there is a grammar officer on patrol  :(

I have been getting tired of it too, so it's not only Tex.
If you're going to take the time to write a post, at least make it understandable and easy to read.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 10:17:04 PM »

guess I better brush up on my grammar....seeing how there is a grammar officer on patrol  :(

I let a lot of crappy posts/spelling/grammar pass, but when someone writes a whole paragraph without so much as a comma, it's very difficult to read.  

I added a  ;) and a "lol" to try and lighten up the tone.  I'm not really a grammar officer, it was more of a citizen's arrest.   ;D

You're welcome to write your posts however you'd like - and I'm welcome to critique them however I like.

Welcome to the world of internet fora.
 :)
Tex

PS - glad I'm not the only one, Every Day.  :)

Fillibert

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2012, 10:46:37 PM »

It's the sms generation, before posting on this forum I used to forget to spellcheck and capitalize and stuff, still write u and r sometimes, spelling and grammar are dead.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2012, 05:11:13 AM »

I understand that language is fluid, and that you can't hold onto old ways of writing too tightly or else you'll be left behind.

But there is a difference between shorthand / ditching capital letlters / using u or r, and completely losing the readability factor.

No one should have to struggle to read a paragraph someone else writes when the solution is so simple.  ;)  Ignoring the simple solution is lazy, and if you're being lazy then you're being disrespectful.

Just my opinion.
Tex

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2012, 08:43:32 AM »

Whos lezy tis just a descusion forum so of you dont lik it jut dont reed it it is Thad siple anywey abot ultasping I alsa lik clorus ad somtins funwik thay feel grat wen u have a caho on the Lin so no ned the hatin jut saying I'm nt bein disraspetful k

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2012, 08:54:11 AM »

Hey Rodney put down the bottle!

Pin-nook

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2012, 09:07:47 AM »

Whos lezy tis just a descusion forum so of you dont lik it jut dont reed it it is Thad siple anywey abot ultasping I alsa lik clorus ad somtins funwik thay feel grat wen u have a caho on the Lin so no ned the hatin jut saying I'm nt bein disraspetful k

Is it just me but I totally understood that!

SERIOUSLY... you might want to read a post a few times before trashing someone, lemme help you with that...

Can you please underline anywhere in the post where I said that you shouldn't "?" Just like you, I get a kick out of people not being able to reading a post right before they trash people. I agree, all fish are different, that's why I used the word "pretty much." So read through it a few times before you choose to snap at me.

Please correct my Engrish but what does "Pretty Much" mean?

I wasn't trashing you but you did state that "You can pretty much tell if it's a wild or hatch when fighting the fish." But hey...what do I know? I just got on here and you're clearly an expert with your 611 posts so sorry if you got offended!

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2012, 10:47:43 AM »

I understand that language is fluid, and that you can't hold onto old ways of writing too tightly or else you'll be left behind.

But there is a difference between shorthand / ditching capital letlters / using u or r, and completely losing the readability factor.

No one should have to struggle to read a paragraph someone else writes when the solution is so simple.  ;)  Ignoring the simple solution is lazy, and if you're being lazy then you're being disrespectful.

Just my opinion.
Tex

X2  super duper well said.