Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best Tide for salty sox on the long weekend  (Read 1438 times)

blueback

Best Tide for salty sox on the long weekend
« on: August 31, 2006, 07:36:54 PM »

Gonna try for the sox in the salt on the long weekend and am trying to plan. Anyone (Fishin' Magician?) know which tide is better to fish? Seems like on the rise, if you wait too long, the fish scoot up the river. Heard the ebb was best, but I'd like to hear opinions from you guys, if you gottem. Hope she's flatter this weekend than last!! I'd love to hook some in the salt again; too much fun!
Cheers   

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
Re: Best Tide for salty sox on the long weekend
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 10:37:53 PM »

Gonna try for the sox in the salt on the long weekend and am trying to plan. Anyone (Fishin' Magician?) know which tide is better to fish? Seems like on the rise, if you wait too long, the fish scoot up the river. Heard the ebb was best, but I'd like to hear opinions from you guys, if you gottem. Hope she's flatter this weekend than last!! I'd love to hook some in the salt again; too much fun!
Cheers   

Hey. Well..the floods seem to push 'em closer to the North Arm/ Atkinson/Pt. Grey...whereas the Ebbs push 'em south towards T10---Sandheads etc..

Over the last 5 days here, it's kinda slowed down as the NW winds have pushed 'em south...which is interesting...happens every time.

On the flood, we could be in for a lot of fun if we get lots of prevailing SW winds...HOPE for that! 2002 gave us WICKED fishing late in English Bay...and if you remember...it was just area 28 that was open.

I'd pick up the chase where you see jumpers...if you see jumpers..they're there...just drop on in.

I headed out about a week ago with Sox as primary target and it was over PDQ!!!! FISH ON FISH ON FISH ON FISH ON>>>>>>>>>...............well you get the point...

Otherwise, stick to the North Arm area and look for the guide boats.... It'll be at least another 4 years before we see this run size again...unless of course there is a really really good brood year and excellent ocean survival...

I'll be fishing tomorrow nite after work, Sat., Sun, Mon, etc... we should be in for some good fishing this weekend... :) :)
"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

blueback

Re: Best Tide for salty sox on the long weekend
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 01:26:38 PM »

Cool...thanks for the info. I'll be out there as well!!