Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FN0641  (Read 1753 times)

ion

FN0641
« on: September 02, 2008, 10:58:31 PM »

I read the the article and it is not very clear for me, may somebody help a little:
are the attractants connsidered bait? ex plastic roe scented with natural extract of roe
what does it mean selectively fishing for chinook?
how do you selectively fish for chinook or coho?
ty

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: FN0641
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:34:38 PM »

The use of artificial presentation with scent added is prohibited during the bait ban. The definition of bait set out by the BC Ministry of Environment includes the items that you questioned:

“Bait” is any foodstuff or natural substance used to attract fish, other than wood, cotton, wool, hair, fur or feathers. It does not include fin fish, other than roe. It includes roe, worms and other edible substances, as well as scents and flavourings containing natural substances or nutrients.

See page 9 of http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/docs/2008/fish-synopsis_2008-09_general.pdf

As for fishing selectively for a particular species, what Fisheries and Oceans Canada does not wish to see is anglers repetitively hook up coho and sockeye salmon (by any method) during this period of management measures. If you find yourself doing so, you are requested to cease fishing or change your method to avoid these protected fish.

ion

Re: FN0641
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 08:10:42 AM »

I have a package with mister twister exude, pink worms. there is nothing written about natural ingredients.
Would this be ok? I've seen on the shelf eggs the same brand. If the botle with attractant claims it is artificial/chemical
or doesn't say anything about ingredients, that would be ok?
ty