Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Who stay's and who goes?  (Read 8379 times)

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
Who stay's and who goes?
« on: April 07, 2008, 03:25:26 PM »

I know the two main teams on this board didn't make the post season so what changes would you like to see made by your team?
For the nucks lou stays and the checking line stays other than that I would have to make them fair game. I would like to see Nonis make a big splash this offseason with a trade but who knows whats going to happen :-\
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
Re: Who stay's and who goes?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 03:50:16 PM »

Get rid of Nonis and Tambellini and hire a coach who knows something about how hockey should be played.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 09:20:40 PM »

Get rid of Nonis and Tambellini and hire a coach who knows something about how hockey should be played.

The guy wins coach of the year the first year of rebuilding and now you want him fired??  A coach can only do so much with the personal on his team.. Granted, he made mistakes this year.  Let's hope he learns from them.  Vigneault has already mentioned that he wished he would have handled Luongo's situation differently. 

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 09:55:24 PM »

Coach of the year award is often the kiss of death in pro sports.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 10:15:33 PM »

Coach of the year award is often the kiss of death in pro sports.

Soooooooo ture. I still think there may be a blockbuster trade for Louongo, I think pretty much the whole team will be traded off and they will start new, hopefully a better beginning for them as they have not been very good the last couple of years....

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 10:49:35 PM »

For the outs, I would say NASLUND, Salo or Ohlund in a trade, we have a decent young defensive core coming along.  Get rid of wastes of space like Cowan and get some real toughness.  Also, I as well wouldn't be surpirsed to see Luongo either get traded or as for a trade.  My thoughts would be Tampa Bay, where he could be close to his wife and new baby girl.  That seems to be where his head has been the last couple months anyways, and I don't really blame him.  No help up front for him.  I also see Tampa having to get rid of another one of their high priced forwards, for Luongo perhaps, along with a draft pick and another young player.  But hey, that is what I would like to see, and I realize it would probably never happen. :'( ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 11:36:28 PM »

Wouldn't surprise me if Tampa Bay move Lecavlier in the off season. They got the number one pick in the June entry draft and they can pick up Steve Stamkos a lot cheaper than what they're paying Lecavlier.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 10:53:00 AM »

Hey Ol' Man Sam. Why fire Tambolini? He's one of the few who actually played professional hockey.

If Luongo was serious about playing in Vancouver his wife would be up here. I've heard some rumours about him that lead me to believe he will be traded. I think Nazzy definitely has to go or retire, and Vancouver needs to pick up a hard nosed North American player. Send the Sedin sisters to Boxing camp over summer break so they can learn to fight and pair them up next season with that big hard nosed play I spoke of.

Obviously some of the dead weight needs  to be dropped so players like Shannon and Raymond can blossom. Ritchie gone, Rypien gone, Cowan gone. Bring in a George Paros type. You never hear of Anaheim being pushed around even though they only have that one big guy.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 01:13:33 PM »

Well after watching Luongo turn into Cloutier as soon as the pressure mounted it makes me think that maybe now is the time to try and get a great top forward for him , we have depth in goal in Manitoba and keep Sanford as backup, lose Nazzy, bring back Morrison cheap..... make the Sedin's and Pyatt our second line and bring in two top 6 forwards to make up a new First line with some hands !! I agree with DMW, Cowan is brutal !! bring up Brown and Rypen, plenty of grit there !! I would leave the defence as it is and just hopw that is stays healthy next year... not a complete blowup but a few changes that I think are needed !!

Now for the Laughs lol...... maybe they should switch Jerseys with their farm team and call them the Laughs  ;D ;D ;D
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
Re: Who stays and who goes?
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 04:09:13 PM »

The guy wins coach of the year the first year of rebuilding and now you want him fired??  A coach can only do so much with the personal on his team.. Granted, he made mistakes this year. 
All AV knows how to do is promote Dump 'n Chase he is a one trick pony, a singularly unimaginative individual who's usefulness is limited.

Hey....Sam. Why fire Tambolini? He's one of the few who actually played professional hockey
BFD!

He has ZIP for experience managing a large company-and that's the problem-not the personnel but Management who are in way over their heads.

Ever heard interview with Tambellini?

He's a chronic excuse maker who accepts mediocrity as a fact of life-because he is a mediocrity.

Ever work for someone who had NFI idea what they were doing?

I have and the place looked just like the Canuck bench those last few games-no one gives a sh*t and can't wait for the end of the day-or season.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 07:12:20 PM »

Ever heard interview with Tambellini?

Actually I've met him on many occasion (as well as both his sons), and I worked with his daughter. He knows a lot more about hockey then all of us "couch coaches", but you'll probably call that a person bias. However, there is a reason he's worked for the Canadian World's Team and the Canadian Olympic team. 

Either way, who would you suggest as replacements (For AV, Nonis, and Tambolini)? A highly critical person like yourself must have the perfect candidate in mind.

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 08:51:09 PM »

Actually I've met him on many occasion....He knows a lot more about hockey then all of us "couch coaches",

Again he has ZIP for corporate experience-and it shows Big Time.

Either way, who would you suggest as replacements (For AV, Nonis, and Tambolini)? A highly critical person like yourself must have the perfect candidate in mind.

IMO the most important exec is the GM not the Coach and Best GM the Canucks ever had was fired, hired by Anaheim and the rest is (Stanley Cup ) history-as all know.

The Anaheim team skates fast, shoots hard and drives people through the boards-which is the kind of hockey knowledgeable fans want to watch not the grinding dump 'n chase snooze fest on offer now.

Since Burke left this franchise has been in the toilet (which is where it was before he arrived).

Hire anyone who buys into the kind of game Anaheim plays and you'll soon see a brand of hockey that will make Canuck fans proud, and no one will have to wear paper bags on their heads like some fans did for the Canucks last game-a pitiful effort if ever there was one. ::)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 10:46:11 PM »

If burke was never fired im sure we would have a cup under our belt!

Trade wise we are going to have to give up nassy and a solid D man for any talent...As stated earlier our young guys need more room to grow!
weeeeeeeeeow!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 10:59:00 PM »

If burke was never fired im sure we would have a cup under our belt!

Trade wise we are going to have to give up nassy and a solid D man for any talent...As stated earlier our young guys need more room to grow!
Nassy is an unrestricted free agent.  We will get nothin for him.  The Canucks will let him walk away to retirement or elsewhere. :D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 11:09:50 PM »

IMO the most important exec is the GM not the Coach

How so? A GM may pick the players but no matter how good they are if there is no chemistry they wont preform. It's up to the coach to motivate the team and get them working together. I personally have played ice hockey for over a decade (and ball hockey for the past few years) and I can honestly say the best team I ever played on was good because the coach got us to interact outside the rink environment. We won our division championship and we most definitely were not the most talented team in the league.

The Anaheim team skates fast, shoots hard and drives people through the boards-which is the kind of hockey knowledgeable fans want to watch not the grinding dump 'n chase snooze fest on offer now.

I agree 100%. The past two years of Canucks hockey have been what I would kindly describe as boring.  06-07 Season only held my interest because they actually won a few games. I found this year I watched less games than ever before.