Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2nd Most Valuable Player on the Nuks  (Read 8450 times)

mastercaster

• Old Timer
2nd Most Valuable Player on the Nuks
« on: April 03, 2007, 02:56:11 PM »

There's no doubt who the most valuable player is on the Canucks but who do think is the second most valuable player?????  Henrik?  Daniel?  One of the D (Salo, Ohlund...)  Someone else??

Also....if you HAD to trade one of the Sedins which one would you rather part with?  Who do think is better?

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: 2nd Most Valuable Player on the Nuks
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 03:02:21 PM »

The one player that the Canucks' would miss the most would have to be Matt Cooke IMO

TH
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 03:04:46 PM by TrophyHunter »

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Hook Set

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 04:10:16 PM »

I don't think the canucks could part with either other of the sedins. They work together, the dynamic duo. They read off each other and cycle the puck so good. They set each other up and all the players on the team. If we lost one i think the other would become less affective. If you look at it I'll bet 90% of the time one sedin score the other has an assist. I don't know who is better but i wouldn't want to loose either of them.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 04:21:34 PM »

Sedins are like one. Its the Sedins no question about it. We would be fine without Cooke. Their are lots of players in the league you can pick up for a million that can do what he does.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 04:36:23 PM »

I don't think the canucks could part with either other of the sedins. They work together, the dynamic duo. They read off each other and cycle the puck so good. They set each other up and all the players on the team. If we lost one i think the other would become less affective. If you look at it I'll bet 90% of the time one sedin score the other has an assist. I don't know who is better but i wouldn't want to loose either of them.

I agree with that assessment.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 05:23:27 PM »

BUT....if you could only pick one of them who would it be??

Daniel's the trigger man. They're a little easier to replace than a good set up man.  I know they play like one but I don't doubt for a second they would be successful if they played on different teams because they definitely have the talent, they're much stronger than in previous years, and they never panic when they have the puck.

A real good centre is a greater asset to your team IMO.  I mean look how long (33 yrs.) it took to break the assist record?  It's like choosing between Thorton and Cheechoo.  They both play the same type of game, yet Thorton (best setup man in the league) is far more valuable to his team.  A couple of things I don't like about Henrik, however, is the number of stupid  hooking penalties he still takes and I doubt he could break a pane of glass with his shot which he so reluctant to take in the first place but he'd be my choice out of the two.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 05:56:33 PM »

If I absolutely have to trade one of the Sedins, it would be Daniel. A center is harder to replace than a winger.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 06:09:31 PM »

Sedins are like one. Its the Sedins no question about it. We would be fine without Cooke. Their are lots of players in the league you can pick up for a million that can do what he does.

I have heard a few people say that, but I bet you would be shocked at how different the team would be without him around, he is the heart of the team, he is the guy that gives 200% everynight, he is the guy that can change the entire outcome of a game by himself... not to mention his ability on the penalty kill.. I would trade either Sedin before I got rid of Cooke... and if you had to get rid of either Sedin I would choose to keep Henrick aswell, setup men are hard to come by, shooters ... not so much
TH
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 10:14:10 PM by TrophyHunter »

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 06:26:06 PM »

I have heard a few people say that, but I bet you would be shocked at how different the team would be without him around, he is the heart of the team, he is the guy that gives 200% everynight, he is the guy that can change the entire outcome of a game by himself... not to mention his ability on the penalty kill.. I would trade either Sedin before I got rid of Cooke... and if you had to get rid of either Sedin I would choose Henrick aswell, setup men are hard to come by, shooters ... not so much
TH

I would agree if this were Cooke three years ago. He is not as productive as he was. He is not as intense as he was. I was hoping he would have turned into another Michael Peca but it never happened.

I also agree that if I HAD to choose one Sedin it would be Henrik. The guy can pass that puck to any spot on the ice. I dont think either would be the same though without the other.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 07:32:59 PM »

I`m standing by our captain Markus Naslund.

Cheers

Nuggy

I'm not. I hope he goes next season. Someone else can take his 6 million dollar contract and do whatever they want with it. He is not a leader and is a shell of his former self.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 10:13:26 PM »

I`m standing by our captain Markus Naslund.

Cheers

Nuggy

I'm not. I hope he goes next season. Someone else can take his 6 million dollar contract and do whatever they want with it. He is not a leader and is a shell of his former self.

I agree, Naslund is a liability lately, he gave the puck away three consecutive times on one power play tonight.. imagine what the team could be like if they had that 6 mil to spend elsewhere !!

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 10:37:42 PM »

Players that would be hard to let go:

Bieksa
Morrison
Salo
Cooke
Sedins (of Course)
Naslund (just having a bad year)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 10:50:00 PM »

Players that would be hard to let go:

Bieksa
Morrison
Salo
Cooke
Sedins (of Course)
Naslund (just having a bad year)

Morrison
Cooke
Naslund

They can all go. Lots of money to spend on real players. I like Morrison as a person but he is done.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 11:11:48 PM »

i would have to say Cook is the hardest working canuck...bar none...he leads by example and plays with alot of heart.

sedins can't be seperated...i don't think they would have half the success if they were to play on their own.

PistolPete

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 05:53:02 PM »

How about the Coach for getting everyone to buy in to his system .