Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WTB: Sage trigger rod  (Read 8383 times)

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
WTB: Sage trigger rod
« on: October 30, 2017, 11:28:26 AM »

I'm looking for a used Sage trigger/bait caster rod. 3113 or 3106.
Email me at kcp@alumni.sfu.ca

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
Re: WTB: Sage trigger rod
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 09:12:33 PM »

Does anyone know where I can get a link for the break down of the different Sage float/centerpin blanks? I don't quite get the LB Vs MB Vs CT.

Obviously I get what, say, the "3113" means (3 power, 11 foot 3 inch), but I don't get the two letter after it.

I have a Sage 2106 CT which is an awesome rod! Has caught a lot of fish including many decent sized springs and chum. Just looking for something with a bit more jam for faster water conditions/levels.

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 12:13:40 PM »

I have a 3113mb thats a custom tie...I'll email the pics.  I also have a 4110 that would be a great rod for springs, chum, & bottom bouncing if the sockeye ever come back  :o

Sr SQ

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 06:32:26 PM »

Does anyone know where I can get a link for the break down of the different Sage float/centerpin blanks? I don't quite get the LB Vs MB Vs CT.

Obviously I get what, say, the "3113" means (3 power, 11 foot 3 inch), but I don't get the two letter after it.

I have a Sage 2106 CT which is an awesome rod! Has caught a lot of fish including many decent sized springs and chum. Just looking for something with a bit more jam for faster water conditions/levels.

LB - light blank action/speed
MB - medium blank action/speed
I prefer LB for pin rods and MB for trigger but everyone has their own preference.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 08:43:16 PM »

Thanks for that.

Do you know what "CT" stands for?

My 2106 is a 2106 CT 8-17 line rating. Does not say the action on the blank but I would say it is medium to medium-fast.

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 09:00:53 PM »

Do you know what "CT" stands for?

CT series = " casting rod " with Fuji graphite trigger reel seat
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:17:07 AM by leapin' tyee »

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 07:04:07 PM »

Thanks for the info peoples :)

After talking with a few buddies and reading some old forum discussions on this site I've determined that my preference would be a 3106B/3106MB (6-20 line rating). It is my understanding that the "B" rods only come as a blank and are all custom build. In this case I would want one build as a trigger rod.

Equally desirable would be a CT 3106 (10-20 line rating). From what I have read the CT version of the 3106 has about the same amount of jam but is faster action than the B/MB.

Would consider a 3113 in M/MB built as a trigger rod. Not sure if a CT 3113 exists but if it does would be interested.

Not interested in either rod in L or LB as, so I am told, they have a bit less beef and are slower action better suited as a pin rod.

If anything I have said is inaccurate please tell me! Would rather know now before I potentially buy one. Thank you.

lapa

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 07:47:10 PM »

You may check at https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/spo/d/sage-new-custom-build-rods/6316758121.html
He has SA3106. Very nice build and very good price.

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 11:04:43 PM »

All my sage builds (brownies) are all LB’s pins and baitcasters! I personally like the slower action! Just my 2 cents! Enjoy the new purchase!  8)
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 07:04:21 AM »

You may check at https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/spo/d/sage-new-custom-build-rods/6316758121.html
He has SA3106. Very nice build and very good price.

Cool thanks for that lapa. Somehow I missed this guy on CL.

Question: What is the diff between GSH, SA, and CT? I know CT = Casting trigger.

From the lot I would want the SA3106. Would just like to know what SA vs GSH means.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 07:58:00 AM »

Spawn Sack, I have a green Sage CT 3113mb I can build up for you, pm me if interested.

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 09:30:56 AM »

Question: What is the diff between GSH, SA, and CT? I know CT = Casting trigger.

SA series designed for (single-action) reels
SA 3106- line wt 12-25 lb

GSH = Graphite steelhead rods
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:33:25 AM by leapin' tyee »

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2017, 01:48:20 PM »

Interesting, thanks guys.

At risk of sounding like a knob...

So SA, "single action" as in....1:1 action? As in designed for a center pin reel? I would assume these blanks have a slow, or at least slower, action than other Sage blanks (M, CT, etc)?

Alright and GSH = Graphite Steelhead. So what is the diff between GSH and CT? For example GSH 3106 and CT 3106? CT = Casting Trigger and if my memory serves me correct the CTs are all factory rods. Perhaps the GSH are the same action as CT, but are all custom builds?

Dave, thanks for the offer on the 3113mb. I think for now I'm going to look for a 3106. I think the 10'6 length would likely make me happier after a day's fishing than a 3113. I've heard from a few guys that the 3113 "may" be a bit heavy with an appropriate size/weight reel. I like to fish all day and "high stick" it on my drifts. Balance of probabilities a 10'6 would be the better choice. Unless someone wants to lend me their 3113 to fish for a few days (yes, I'm joking) I'll err on the side of the 3106.

Last question: GSH 3106 vs CT 3106.....difference?

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2017, 02:07:04 PM »

Calling Brian Babcock ... ;D

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2017, 02:55:32 PM »

Haha sorry for the hassle! I tried and tried to find a nice chart out there somewhere that tells each blanks action and line rating. Can't find one. Have just been making notes from old discussions on this site and other forums. Still a few gaps in my info but I more or less "get it."

I think the ideal find would be a CT 3106. Pretty minimal chance I would not be happy with this rod as I have the same rod, but the CT 2106 version. I'd slap a bit bigger/heavier reel than I fish on the 2106 on the 3106 to balance out the rod.

Also I like the factory rods as if something happens to it, break on a fish or more likely an "accident" (gets stepped on or whatever) I don't need to pay extra $ to get it rebuilt; rather, a warranty claim will yield me a nice new factory rod. Plus I really like the factory green blank - they are quite lovely actually!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 02:57:39 PM by Spawn Sack »