Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: West Vancouver, Caulfield to Ambleside.  (Read 1335 times)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

West Vancouver, Caulfield to Ambleside.
« on: August 09, 2005, 08:38:32 PM »

Hi Guys.

Just back in from fishing. Lines in the water at 1 pm, winds out of the west at 10, which made for smooth boating. We dropped at Ambleside, trolled to Caulfield, and up and down the shore. We were fishing 6 rods, 3 per side, with a very close spread between lines, in the interests of catching Sockeye...and we started out fishing sockeye gear on one rigger, and Spoon, Chovie, and Hootchie on the other rigger.

We had most of our success between 2 and 430, otherwise, we had no "hook ups"

We had a very good afternoon, but sorry to say, we only saw 2 other fish taken among the other boats.

Our results: 2 Coho on a double header, 5 lbs each. (On Anchovies)
                 2 Pinks, 4 and 3 lbs. (On Purple Haze Hootchies--the U.S.A made purple haze...not the Canadian ones.
                 2 Sockeye, on a double header, 5 lbs, 7 lbs 1 on a GLO FLO Spoon of all things and 1 on the usual sockeye type hootchie...while I was clearing big red Jellyfish off one downrigger...

and 1 immature 3 lb Spring released beside the boat.

All in all, it was a smokin afternoon for us, and don't get me wrong, it wasn't good fishing out there for everyone, the fish were in pockets, and you had to put your time in. We pulled the rods out at 645 pm.

Sockeye Gear

allwaysfishin

Re: West Vancouver, Caulfield to Ambleside.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 11:31:13 PM »

awesome report magician. good to see someones efforts are paying off. nice catch you lucky dog  ;D  ;D

FISHIN MAGICIAN

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 12:08:47 AM »

thanks allwayzfishin, it was a great day, a day when everything that hit, "stuck" and hooked up--if we had missed half the hits, well, the day would have been typical...., the pinks though, were not very aggressive in their bites and looked more like a "shaker" than much else.

I am on the water tomorrow again, which is going to be great, and I LOVE MY VACATION. It was nice to finally have a day that just came together, as there haven't been many this year like this at all, even the winter springs-- this spring sucked relative to previous years.

Wednesday my target is going to be the big boys...Springs...going to try to get down to the T10, and I am out of False Creek. By the way, STAY AWAY from the ESSO station in False Creek, his prices are ridiculous.

I have the 3rd week of Sept booked off too! This is going to be great.

Straight Runner

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 08:54:19 PM »

3rd week of sept sounds promising. Last sept 17 we had our best day ever at T10. I booked-off the 16th this year to do it again.