Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: We are back in Vancouver!  (Read 6399 times)

Buck_wife

Re: We are back in Vancouver!
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 09:07:25 AM »

Welcome back you guys!
Glad to hear that your flight went well, compared to on the way there. I had meant to post a little hello on your Danish journal thread, but just never got around to it... ::)
oh, btw, dont know why you're complaining about the heat..... you totally missed the Sunday/Monday heatwave.... yesterday's weather was almost a little chilly.... :P ;D
We set up our pool on the weekend, so if the heat gets to you, you guys can come over for a swim... (not too sure how well you can swim in a 16 ft simple set with 4 kids.... ;D) but you are welcome to give it a try!!

Lew Chater

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 10:21:37 AM »

Welcome back Rodney and Nina. Lots of good fishing ahead for the summer and of course other activities. You did miss the heat wave of a couple of days, but it was enough for us to put off our trip to interior lakes for a few days because of the extreme heat. Sure glad I put in air conditioning last year, wow what a difference.
I like you pictures also and that camera sure produces well.
Eagle eye ....looking for a camera ! Be careful of Canon, they are having major problems with their shutters and focusing. You get an E 18 indicator on your menu and this can be a major problem. Their are pages and pages of web sites relating to this problem with all kinds of Canon models. I have the A 60 but you can check the list. Canon doesn't appear to do much about it unless it happens within the 1 year warranty. Check it out , I can't trust my Canon now for good pictures. Some are in focus, some are not.
Sorry to bring that up here, when we are welcoming the Dane and the adopted Dane back to BC>
Fishing is not a matter of Life or Death... it's more important ~!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 10:54:22 AM »

I have a Canon A80 4 megapixels. No problem so far. (knock on wood). Did alot of research prior to purchasing; none of problems that Lew pointed out.

canadian-countrygrl

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2006, 12:59:04 PM »

WELCOME BACK!!!!
MAY THE HOLES IN YOUR NET BE NO LARGER THAN THE FISH IN IT!

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 07:38:54 AM »

Thanks for the advice FA and Lew.  I've heard of the E18 error but wasn't aware it was such a major problem.  I'll have to see if the S series has had this problem.  I've heard of problems with the Sonys as well.  One guys had to return his H5 twice and is now on his third one and this is not an isolated incident.  I would expect both these companies to have better quality control than that.  Whatever I end up getting I will definatley be purchasing an extended warranty!