Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Haloween...(mostly NFR)  (Read 4726 times)

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
Haloween...(mostly NFR)
« on: October 31, 2004, 04:29:56 PM »

I'm not taking part in it this year, I'm too old and I got shot at a couple years back.

So, anyone got any good stories ? Possibly even fishing related ?

I know a few poeple here like to fish the Chehalis canyons, I also know of a few people who get a strange "feeling" when they fish that area, wanna tell about them ?
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Haloween...(mostly NFR)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 04:37:30 PM »

You got shot at ? Now that's a story

chronic

• Don't eat $hit
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 06:11:25 PM »

we were walking down the street when my buddy gets shot in the lower abs by a paintball. gotta watch for those drive by paintball shootings ;)

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 06:54:51 PM »

I forgot to say that we were shot with paintball guns.

Me and a buddy were launching fireworks in a park when these 3 guys, carrying beer bottles, in their 20s walk up to us and start swaering at us and asking us questions, they were decent at first, then pulled out the paintball guns and started flashing them around in our faces, we gave them all the fireworks we had. My buddy had a paintball gun with him, but no paintballs and had it laying on the ground, they saw it, swore at us some more about us wanting to shoot them with it. They then took the gun and fireworks and started to leave, then they turned around and started shooting at us. My buddy started yelling to give his gun back and they started yelling stuff about them wanting to kill us. We made a run for my house (I live opposite the park) and they shot at us for part of the way home. It turned out that the guns were weak, but we didn't know that, they culd have been modified for all we knew. We called the cops, but they wouldn't do anything. My buddy lost a $250 gun, he was pretty pissed and I lost my fireworks...But seriously, who gets drunk at 7:45, and mugs 15 year olds ? Pretty sad  :-\

Even as I'm writing this, there are plenty of morons over in the park shooting fireworks at each other...It actually sounds like bombs outside my house...
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 07:37:27 PM »

Alcohol makes people braver than they are, and dumber than they are.

aquaboy24

• Old Timer
  • Nuclear Fishin'
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 09:24:34 PM »

In my stupid younger days (not to be confused with my stupid older days), we were wandering West Vancouver, terrorizing other with firewroks :-\

anyways, we ran out, and someone suggested we go "borrow" some fire works from a well known household fireworks display. So we liberated several roman candles for the cause...but it wasn't long before we realized the roman candle that we lifted were the cheaper canadian made ones that had a habit of blowing up in your hand.

So..just as we were about to call it a night, we were jumped by some older dudes. The roughed us up seriously, and stole our fireworks (not that we didn't deserve it). Now I was doing my best holding this one guy off with my "then in their infancy" taekwondo skills....

he did get the better of me, but he was worse for wear, and as revenge, he had a friend hold me down, and he was going to launch a roman at me from point blank.

Well...wouldn't you know it....he grabbed the 1 in 5 Canadian made roman that blows up, not out.

I riggled free, and he came to school with a well bandaged hand.

my last halloween of stupid behavior....glad I survived...I hope everyone makes it.

I will tell my ghost story some other time.

Vince
You don't make friends with salad.

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 11:08:38 PM »

Thank's Vince, good story. I wish I had a Halloween story.

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 11:49:48 PM »

As a teacher I hate Halloween!  Eggs should not be sold a month prior to the 31 and kids should be locked at home at least those older than twelve!  What I dont get is why kids shoot roman candles at each other!  How stupid can they be! 

aquaboy24

• Old Timer
  • Nuclear Fishin'
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 08:37:02 PM »

I am a teacher too!

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2004, 10:07:11 PM »

What do you teach Vince? And where?

aquaboy24

• Old Timer
  • Nuclear Fishin'
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2004, 10:18:25 PM »

Geography and Social Studies at Moscrop in Burnaby..you?