Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: still no stocking in Alice Lake  (Read 1113 times)

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
still no stocking in Alice Lake
« on: May 18, 2014, 02:15:06 PM »

I was going to take the family up to Alice lake for our first family camp and fish weekend.    I remember fishing this lake a number of years back and it was fun.   Wake up.... walk to the lake.. Fish and come back for breakfast.   Its a great campground also. 

I realize that they had issues with the water quality or something to this nature but is this still the case.   And if it is.. why aren't we making it better.    its a good sized body of water .  Wondering whats up if anyone knows
see ya on the river

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: still no stocking in Alice Lake
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 03:13:38 PM »

Alice Lake gets one stocking per spring, usually in the first or second week of June.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 12:32:42 AM »

If this is the lake before Hope on the north side of the Fraser R, this lake sure brings back instant memories. Ok I'm going back to the late 60s / early 70s.
Think we turned on a gravel road off the Lougheed hwy. then took a right & travelled 15-20 minutes or longer. Is the turn by Sasquatch Inn off the hwy. think so.
The lake was on the left. Remember. 3 of us carried a fibreglass cartopper to the lake. Close to the road. Lake is not really big or deep but it was a beautiful looking. We did flyfishing.

Think there is another lake just south of Alice L which was told one could walk to.
It was a really hot sunny day.
Another time had a camper dropped off there & we stayed for a few days. Truck returned & off WD went back to Coquitlam.
Thanks for bringing up this Lake as it jogged my memory.

Shawn6o4

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 01:45:57 AM »

They are referring to Alice Lake in Squamish.