Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: let it rain let it rain  (Read 4292 times)

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
let it rain let it rain
« on: September 20, 2006, 01:09:07 PM »

just getting ready for work and listening to the rain ;D hope it keeps up for a couple of days,

P.S: has anyone been able to get any DNE floats yet and any other locations in Vancouver that will be stocking them thanks.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
Re: let it rain let it rain
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 01:17:35 PM »

suppposed to be another dry spell after today >:( :'(

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 02:57:55 PM »

I'm an electrical contractor and I'm on nite shift at the moment,doing a job at Vancouver city hall,i know what you mean I'd rather be fishing as well  :).how about yourself what do you do.

small_fish

• Hi!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 10:47:27 PM »

Enjoy the rain tonight, because we are going to be waking up to some bad sun :'( :'(

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 01:16:08 AM »

i just wish for that lotto 649 or super 7 every week  ;D at least i get to spend lots of time with my boy during the day  :) so it's not so bad and i can't complain about the pay either.maybe i'll see you on the river sometime during the day in the up and coming months  ;)

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 03:17:22 PM »

There's usually a few hour delay before you see a bump in volume on the graph...

If it rains moderately overnight, you can usually fish first light until 11am before it goes out. Of course take into consideration snow melt and time of year as well.

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 04:18:19 PM »

Did it rain in chilliwack today? It only just started here. The reason I aks this is because the river is at the 1.92 mark and GAINING!!!!
Showers but if the river is rising maybe heavier rain up in the Chilliwack River Valley.
PS yes I see it is up 4 inches by the gauge at the Crossing, did not think it was up that much when I was out this morning but maybe it came up after I left, empty handed. ???
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 04:39:23 PM by chris gadsden »

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 05:52:48 PM »

I just came back ,went fishing from 8-2 oclock this afternoon,water level wasnt up that much. >:(

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 09:56:55 PM »

I was at the vedder today, water was up significantly, good vis!  Fished morning-noon (gotta love flexible work hours!)...c/r one jack, saw one other fish taken, slow day.  Any day now guys and gals...  BigT not sure when you went last but since last weekend its up huge.

Nicole...bang on...peaked around 1030am and slowly subsided after that along with the tide drop. 

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 10:13:43 PM »

I fish that river 3 times a week,i was there on tuesday too.And yes today water level is higher,but not huge difference.that what i am trying to say.(look at chris report)

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 10:39:42 PM »

I was at the vedder today, water was up significantly, good vis!  Fished morning-noon (gotta love flexible work hours!)...c/r one jack, saw one other fish taken, slow day.  Any day now guys and gals...  BigT not sure when you went last but since last weekend its up huge.

up huge? i was there today and last saturday, not much difference. i went from all the way up limit,  down to the canal and i was able to cross the river from places i normally wouldn't dare.

i do agree...slow...slow...slow.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 03:04:23 AM »

Risen like a foot, over 2 weeks.
The Bigger The Better!

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 08:46:01 AM »

I fish it alot too, Im down way further than the crossing...in the upper, of course you wont see as much difference.  From saturday to thursday, down there, the river HAS risen... and not in inches, in feet.  I hit first light and the rise/drop of high whenever i go, and I always fish the same spot.  Where I stood on saturday was better than a foot underwater and it went from crystal clear and low to slightly colored and good fishing depth...to me, thats huge...but whatever..think what you like!.  Tides were fairly close in size on those two days as well so they wouldnt have accounted for that much difference between the two days.

Not my fault you guys are fishing the wrong spots ;)

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 12:24:53 PM »

dont get yer panties in a bunch...it was a joke!

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 02:54:01 PM »

Ah so you wear panties! You said they weren't twisted!  Its OK so do half the guys on here...waaay more comfortable under waders  ;D