Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hardest high school year?  (Read 14719 times)

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Hardest high school year?
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2006, 04:10:41 PM »

Lol its how i am i cant enjoy it if i tried. Next year maybe UNV will be more fun with alot more freedom.

Jonny 5

• Old Timer
  • Almost the holiest fisher that ever was!
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2006, 04:18:32 PM »

I dont know how you guys can say highschools easy. I can understand if it was a light load and not trying to do well or your naturally good in school. Im in GR 12 now and its pretty tough as i hate school. I work hard for only 83%avg. Gr 11 took more courses but they were easier. Next year its off to university in the states :-\ No more fishing aug-may. Anyone here go south for Unv as well?

I can say its easy because compared to my postseconday and graduate school, it is easy.  At the time though, I hated highschool  (I went to terry fox incase anyone remembers that place) and really didn't think I would enjoy postsecondary.  In fact, I loved going to university (I must love it cause I am still living the student life  :o ) and made lots of good friends, contacts, fishing buddies ect.  Plus the stuff you can learn at university is WAY more interesting than highschool.

What are you going to study?  Where south you thinking of going?  Anyone here still a student / gradstudent?

Good thread little dude

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2006, 04:31:09 PM »

Havent singed yet looking at nevada washington and a few others. Marine biology,tourism buisness havent decided

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2006, 04:58:49 PM »

thats cool. I would like to take enviromental sciences
weeeeeeeeeow!

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2006, 06:40:34 PM »

I dont know how you guys can say highschools easy. I can understand if it was a light load and not trying to do well or your naturally good in school. Im in GR 12 now and its pretty tough as i hate school. I work hard for only 83%avg. Gr 11 took more courses but they were easier. Next year its off to university in the states :-\ No more fishing aug-may. Anyone here go south for Unv as well?

I can say its easy because compared to my postseconday and graduate school, it is easy.  At the time though, I hated highschool  (I went to terry fox incase anyone remembers that place) and really didn't think I would enjoy postsecondary.  In fact, I loved going to university (I must love it cause I am still living the student life  :o ) and made lots of good friends, contacts, fishing buddies ect.  Plus the stuff you can learn at university is WAY more interesting than highschool.

What are you going to study?  Where south you thinking of going?  Anyone here still a student / gradstudent?

Good thread little dude

It's just something I will have to experience my self... Can't wait ;)
and heyyyyy I'm not little  ::)

haha :)

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2006, 06:56:30 PM »

every year was easy except grade 11. i took physics,biology,chemistry,math,english,social studies,french and pe that was a hard year. gr 12 is easy only 5 courses fpr me 2 spares next semester ;D
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2006, 12:21:19 AM »

I went to terry fox incase anyone remembers that place

Graduated from there in june. Great school. lots of pride.

Trust me, if you go to university you will enjoy it. BUT i must say you have to be part of the lifestyle. Live on campus, or near. Don't commute from a farways away. If you can't get yourself home drunk, then you live to far away.

Ps: remember rubbers ;)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2006, 12:26:23 AM »

I went to terry fox incase anyone remembers that place

Graduated from there in june. Great school. lots of pride.

Trust me, if you go to university you will enjoy it. BUT i must say you have to be part of the lifestyle. Live on campus, or near. Don't commute from a farways away. If you can't get yourself home drunk, then you live to far away.

Ps: remember rubbers ;)

Wise words from a 2 week old freshman  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Psaromania

• "Set the damn hook!!!"
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2006, 12:56:44 AM »

.... I did what i needed to to get where i want to be without sacrificing too much of a social life (or fishing time ;D)....

Dion,
I too found high school easy and breezed into UBC (graduated in Electrical Engineering in 1992). My advice to you and others - don't get cocky. You seem to be a pretty smart guy but University (especially Engineering) can be a real eye opener. Your first reality check will come next month when you have three midterms on the same day (you are being trained to cope with a career in Engineering) ;D. Your ego will come crashing down to earth real fast. I saw many smart guys humbled (even expelled due to failing grades) in first year - that is the toughest by far.

Good luck to all those students out there!!

Hohummm

• I'm a llama! and llamas are bigger than frogs
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2006, 07:36:15 AM »

Grade 9 was the hardest 3 years of my life..... ;)

Muddler

• Tight Lines!
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2006, 11:19:15 AM »

Well as far as I am concerned highschool isn't too bad. Grade twelve may be the hardest year if only for the fact that you are paranoid to keep your grades high so you can get into university or college. The hardest year of schooling in my life was definately first year university. To even narrow it down further, the first semester. If you can make it through that then it is pretty simple. You just have to develop good study habits (unless you're IH8XC  ;) ) in highschool and as far as I am concerned thats the most important thing you learn in highschool. Just look at the big picture, sure you prbably wont use a lot of the things you learn in highschool later in life, but once you hit university pretty much everything becomes practical as you are learning things that ALL relate to your major.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2006, 04:48:51 PM »

I took the advice of a customer from the shop. I got myself a "lady friend" thats smarter than me (in engineering too). So i have a helping hand so to speak lol ;D

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2006, 06:12:13 PM »

all the years are easy, just take slack classes like me ;)