Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hardest high school year?  (Read 14719 times)

Youngin

• Old Timer
Hardest high school year?
« on: September 18, 2006, 11:21:23 PM »

Many of you have been through school, and some are still in it... what would you say is the hardest year???

I'm currently in grade 11 and I can see a huge difference in the work load of grade 10 and 11!! does it get worse? :(

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Hardest high school year?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 11:25:02 PM »

Many of you have been through school, and some are still in it... what would you say is the hardest year???

I'm currently in grade 11 and I can see a huge difference in the work load of grade 10 and 11!! does it get worse? :(
School is the best part of life enjoy it. ;D O I forgot I am retired now and that is the best. ;D ;D

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 11:28:23 PM »

well that helps :)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 11:30:59 PM »

My hardest years where 11 and 12 simply because in the winter my schooling was done in a hotel room from city to city. I would be gone for two weeks come home for a few days and get enough home work for another week or two. I was a speed skater so I had to travel alot. The good thing was I still graduated on the honor roll. If waqs tuff especially taking physics, honors algebra and bio. French was pretty easy as I spent alot of time in Quebec city. Although it was tuff to be away alot I would not trade it for anything in the world.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 11:55:22 PM »

I thought grade 8,9,10 was tough >:(
weeeeeeeeeow!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 12:20:29 AM »

You think that's bad. Wait til you get to university  :) I found grade 12 the easiest.

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 01:08:50 AM »

Grade 11 was my toughest, but still had a blast. Grade 12 was probably the easiest, but nothing compared to 1st year, but that may have just been me... ;D
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 01:50:59 AM »

8.10.12, But its all over and now i have to find money :'(
The Bigger The Better!

JiG_Head

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 04:21:42 AM »

You think that's bad. Wait til you get to university  :) I found grade 12 the easiest.

so did i =D
the shyt talker.

mrking

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 06:29:04 AM »

I'd say grade 12 just for the fact that those grades are the ones used to determine if you get into university or not. 10 and 11 were fluf years for me. 12 was a work year.

weizen

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 06:39:52 AM »

I'll agree with this one.  Enjoy High school while you can.  It's the easiest years of your life :)

drift

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 09:19:05 AM »

I'm currently going to college finidhing my grade 12 and I'm 34.If only I would have finished it when I had the chance.Dont make the same mistake.Grade 12 was easy,I just never showed up! ;D

Nina

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 09:29:26 AM »

High school is tough because only half of what they are teaching you is actually of interests to you, if you are lucky! Usually its less  ;)

I find it gets easier later on in college and university when you choose the next step of your education (hopefully you will!) because you'll be working with stuff that means something to you and sparks your interest.  :)

Jonny 5

• Old Timer
  • Almost the holiest fisher that ever was!
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 11:38:39 AM »

High school is suuuuuuper easy... in hind sight.

Just remember that it is way harder to learn something when there is no one who can teach you.

;D  Good luck dude.

fishfinder

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2006, 11:54:57 AM »

Yeah, grade 11 is the hardest. Courses in grade 11 lay the foundation for grade 12 and university. If you don’t do well in Math 11 then you’ll likely not do well in math 12 and 1st year Calculus and Physics. Same could be said for Chemistry, Biology and English. High school is fun but university is way more fun so study hard.