Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: High school fishing club in Surrey  (Read 5142 times)

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
Re: High school fishing club in Surrey
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 11:06:55 PM »

anybody here go to pinetree secondary in coquitlam, other than you fishkind???   

if so...lets get a fishing club going! ;D

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 11:09:56 PM »

I know but if you tell someone that something was fun as hell... they will surely try it.. look at the awesome examples!

JACKASS 2 :D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 11:18:29 PM »

I know in Maple Ridge the pricipal at Garibaldi secondary had a fishing club. He is now the principal at Adult Education so I do not know if he still does it but he sure had alot of fun doing it. He is an avid fly fishermen as well as drift and he enjoyed passing on his knowledge to the kids. Now for those that go to North Surrey secondary you may want to talk to the chef at the cafeteria or Mr. Chow your Vice Principal they both love to fish especially your chef. Maybe they can get something started. I know that they love to go to the squamish. To the teacher from Kwantlum park Secondary I hope that you get your fishing club to a good start I know that the kids there would appreciate it as some of the kids may not be able to get out to enjoy the outdoors without people like you. Good luck and tight lines.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 11:19:50 PM »

if only my school in richmond had a fishing club...

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 11:23:48 PM »

Just start talking to people or ask your principal if you can start one. They will ask the staff members at the next staff meeting if anyone would be interested in sponsoring the club(looking after it). Who knows maybe there is a staff member that loves to fish but never thought that the students would be interested. It does not hurt to try.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 11:26:14 PM »

I don't think anyone else in my school would be interested :P

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 08:45:43 PM »

I remember the Garibaldi club, 1st year out and they walked away with best team trophy at, the last Fraser Valley Middle & High School Fly Fishing Championship. Now if you want a club at your school, Here's an insider tip. Get your parents to band together with a bunch of other parents and have them start pressuring the admins at your school and your school board office. Pulling the taxpayer card works!
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2006, 09:06:12 PM »

Or play the race card if all else fails :D