Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Losing a dog  (Read 5913 times)

sandy999

Re: Losing a dog
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 08:57:12 PM »

Animals are so much of many families life and we too have suffered several losses like you have just experienced.
It is never easy and we have shed many a tear so many times even over a pet crow we had for several years and travelled with us for our first 11 years of marriage.

Our back yard has many crosses to remind us of them in our pet cementery.

Molly was a lovely dog and will be very hard to replace but hopefully you will be able to find another one to walk that trail with you each morning, remembering that a dog is truly ones best friend.

My thought are with you today and thanks for giving Molly that great life,  a life  that she would not have had without your love and care to her.

I agree-it is a very hard situation to live through. I have also been there and it hurts so bad. The only thing that helped me was the old saying that when one door closes you have to be willing to open another. try to find another friend to replace your loss-I realize that for a long tme that the addition will not be the same,  but the human brain does a have small area that is meant to forgive and forget after a while. You have no need to rush, but when you are ready you will know what to do.

juno

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 09:29:14 PM »

I agree-it is a very hard situation to live through. I have also been there and it hurts so bad. The only thing that helped me was the old saying that when one door closes you have to be willing to open another. try to find another friend to replace your loss-I realize that for a long tme that the addition will not be the same,  but the human brain does a have small area that is meant to forgive and forget after a while. You have no need to rush, but when you are ready you will know what to do.
I think you have sent the best reply from all of us

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 09:02:32 AM »

Thanks for all the kind words folks, I really appreciate it.