Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Beginners tips?  (Read 5922 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Beginners tips?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 04:48:54 PM »

I'll be at the Rice Lake event too, will be the bait delivery boy this year. Berry's Bait and Tackle is supplying dew worm and krill, and I am bringing lots of Pautzke Bait single eggs for everyone to try out too. :)

The White Indian

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 01:44:51 PM »

hey craig, just saw your pm, unfortunately it seems i cant respond to it without coughing up some cash. So in reply, yes you can get to the lily pads from the dock at whonnock. There are two docks there that you can fish off of, though you may have to vacate the dock to the left of the lake at times for the local rowing club as they own it. To an extent a jig is a jig, but i would recommend using either 1" white or chartreuse tube jigs under a float. Adjust the depth til you start hitting into lots of fish. Also I recommend twitching the float lightly every couple seconds. This gets the jig moving and the crappie biting ;) Good luck.

Tj Hooker

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 03:57:48 AM »

Where is Rodney's event in July?  My kids and I will be in Abbie during that time and would love to attend.

Many thanks

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 08:43:12 AM »

It's scheduled on July 6th, but I'm waiting for final approval by the City of Richmond so should have more information soon.