Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Puerto Vallarta, June 29th 2010  (Read 912 times)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Puerto Vallarta, June 29th 2010
« on: July 04, 2010, 03:47:04 PM »

Well I just got back from Mexico on Friday, it was an awesome trip and the weather was great for the most part !! we stayed in a great resort about 5km from Punta de Mita and about 50km north of Puerto Vallarta...

I was lucky enough to book an 8 hour fishing trip, we were trolling live and dead bait on the surface in hopes of hooking into a Sailfish, we saw two other boats get Sailfish and we also saw many that were finning on the surface.

I don't know how many of you have done this before but I have to say it was quite comical watching about twenty boats all steaming full ahead as son as a Sailfish was sighted !!!! there were millions of sardines on the surface in huge patches all around us, as soon as something was trying to catch them under the water there would be a huge surface disturbance and it looked like it was raining hard as the sardines would try and escape.

All in all it was a fantastic day on the water, we weren't able to hook a Sailfish on this day but we were very lucky to get into a number of Jackfish which made the day that much better, seeing Dolphins and Sea Turtles all around the boat was also a very nice sight !

I have added a couple of pics

hope you enjoy !!

cheers Rick

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!