Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BURNABY LAKE REJUVENATION  (Read 1308 times)

steeleagle

BURNABY LAKE REJUVENATION
« on: August 10, 2009, 07:01:37 PM »

A 20+ million dollar rejuvenation project begun today at Burnaby lake. There going to remove 360,000 cube meters of material while trying not to disturb the fish that inhabit the lake. The plan is to move the material up stream on still creek at the mouth and unload it there in to settling ponds the discharge the water back to the lake. I guess is been a long time coming since it did/does have combined sewer outflows to the lake. This is something that needs to happen to Hatzic lake although the DFO won't let it happen even though someone has donated there time and machines to do the work volunteer. Sadly they (Government/Fisheries) want a large hefty sum of cash in order for this to happen to the lake, something Burnaby could afford but not the regional district. Maybe money from all these gravel bar operations could go to words projects like this, and not into there pockets.
just my 2 cents on this.

http://www2.news.gov.bc.ca/news_releases_2005-2009/2008OTP0144-000863.htm

jesse

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: BURNABY LAKE REJUVENATION
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 09:06:22 PM »

It would be nice to see some fishing available in that lake. 20-25 years back I went there a few times and it was horrible for getting from the shore area to the open lane for competetive rowing. Unless you launched at the rowing club area which was closed when I went there then.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?