Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: cheakamus river report any one???  (Read 3104 times)

steeleagle

cheakamus river report any one???
« on: February 08, 2008, 06:58:27 PM »

hey I am head up to squamish for the day tomorrow and I might stop and check out the rivers in town, does anyone know if theres been any steel showing up in the squamish or the cheakamus river's? I know there runs are usually a little later on in the season but want to hear about it before I wast my time...

Any information would be helpful, IE: snow cover on roads, paradise; squamish main any others..

thanks guys

Snapperhead

• Currie Artworks
Re: cheakamus river report any one???
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 07:20:10 PM »

Tons of snow in the Squamish Valley.Road is Plowed up to the Powerhouse and VERY deep from there up.Water is low and Gin.
Currie Artworks
Whistler B.C.

hotrod

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 08:12:49 PM »

More snow on the way too! Way low on all rivers in that country right now! I still might head out for an early scouting mission and test out the new meaty tread on my truck!

Hotrod

Duffs

Squamish / Chek roads?
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 01:06:18 PM »

Anybody been up the Squamish or Cheak roads lately?  Last I was on the Squamish, it was still pretty snowy.  Hard packed nastiness.  Anyone know the current conditions?

steeleagle

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 06:49:08 PM »

Well went out their on last Saturday, I only went out paradise valley rd and it's been plowed all the way to just past the BC hydro sign by the bridge that goes over that little creek. if you have a 4x4 you could go farther, but I was in my work truck and there smart to to give me that opinion cause I would abuse it. Fished the cheakamus for a few hours in a bunch of spots with no luck. Their in there somewhere just not many, even the DFO was out inspecting the area, don't be shocked if you see them rolling up on ya. All the rivers are a little too low still in squamish. I was over fishing chapman creek and the rainy river on the sunshine coast today and their rivers a extra low and gin clear with No fish in sight yet. I would try the squam it might be a little higher now, things can change a lot in a week.

Good luck and I would like to hear how you made out up their and what the river looks like, I wana go back that way soon in my cj.

Beast

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 09:37:56 PM »

i was up last weekend with my 4x4 group and they are very dangerous past the power house station i have a 6" lift with 38" tires that worked great with 7lbs of air in them if you don't know what your doing DONT GO i had to pull 4 trucks out while i was up their (and they had all the same toys i had just no experience i guess)  make sure you go with a buddy to be safe!

Duffs

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 11:03:55 AM »

Thanks for the updates guys.  Sounds perfectly lame out there.  I might check the Squamish out tomorrow or possibly Sunday.  I'll post the results when I do.

mci

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 10:40:15 AM »

Wanting to get outta the office and do some walking, anyone fish the Cheak lately??

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 10:33:24 PM »

Was out today, water is still really low and very clear.....
always a student