Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cates park crabbing  (Read 3980 times)

lucky

• Old Timer
Cates park crabbing
« on: August 07, 2005, 10:20:50 AM »

While returning to the ramp last night around 10pm we noticed a small family throwing crabs traps off the dock, I pulled up and informed them that there is no crabbing allowed on the dock this time of year and if caught the rcmp would probably take their traps and maybe even fine them. Well they didnt care much for what I had to say and continued to throw out the traps. So after loading the boat on the trailer I called the  north Van rcmp. While waiting for them to show I saw one of the kids make a couple trips to the van with what I assume were crabs. Around 10 minutes later the rcmp showed up and thanked me for the call and proceeded to deal with the situation. When I left the rcmp had the whole family with traps in hand gathered around his police motorcycle. Nice to see something done for a change, just goes to show that sometimes one phone call can make a difference. Just sad to see that a family would teach its kids that its alright to break the law if no one is looking.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
Re: Cates park crabbing
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 11:09:36 AM »

Right on! Good on you for making the call.

Kudos to the RCMP as well.   While being on a motorcycle probably means this is not his "regular" beat, it is nice to see that they came down.  I'm guessing that he probably just warned them, as it's a bit tough to confiscate a bunch of crab traps when you're on motorbike.  But I'm guessing that they'll certainly think twice before they do this the next time ;)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 11:24:43 AM »

Lucky, were you in a white boat with your wife/girlfriend ?

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 11:28:59 AM »

yes, white 14' side console