Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BuzzBombs  (Read 3598 times)

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
BuzzBombs
« on: August 04, 2005, 10:09:59 PM »

Ok this has started to bug me.. as far as beach fishing is concerned i have been doing it for approx 15 years now.. I have caught a fair amount of salmon but none yet on a Buzz Bomb.  I read the package and still havent caught anything .. followed the directions and still nothing... I have even yet to get a bite...... I have got to be doing something wrong because i have been known to limit out sometimes with other lures......Any tips.....Does it work for you.. I hear they can be lethal if you get the hang of it...
see ya on the river

FISHIN MAGICIAN

Re: BuzzBombs
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 10:31:41 PM »

The buzz bomb has to rotate on your line and have a meaning full drop to give off the "sonic" buzz which annoys salmon and attracts them. Thus, you need a decent depth of water to allow the buzz bomb to drop at least 2 feet or more, then pull it up, or reel up about 3 to 4 feet in a hurry, and repeat. 

I have buzz bombed before and it works great. Especially on a boat when there is tons of bait around! :)

One day in the Charlottes I used buzz bombs with my guests and we hooked all kinds of fish! Coho, everything!

Awesome lure, and really well suited for use in a boat.

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 10:32:50 PM »

thats what i do... i dont  know why it dosnet work
see ya on the river

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 10:51:24 PM »

Did you thread it on the line correctly ? Don't jerk on your buzz bombs. It's a lifting action you want.

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 07:26:59 AM »

hmmmm maybe you got a point i will try lifting it and dropping ....lifting and dropping.. i know the line is in ok though so that might be it..
see ya on the river

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 02:10:08 PM »

I have had success on a constant retrieve.  Heck the instructions even say you can troll then...maybe its just bad luck.

A hooked fish is a hooked fish...who cares what it hits...stick to what works for you!

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 03:50:50 PM »

Yeah, lift them up as opposed to reefing on it or jerking really hard.  If you do that, the bomb actually scoots ahead of the hook and it falls with no hook behind it and is basically pointless.  I've had amazing success casting BBs offshore in the Victoria and Sooke area when I lived on the island.  Just go somewhat gentle with it, but remember its the dropping motion that attracts the fish.  I've caught them trolling as well, but certainly the lift/drop is what works the best.  4W was the money for most of the salmon I caught but if you can find 3L they aren't too shabby. 

Hohummm

• I'm a llama! and llamas are bigger than frogs
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 04:26:31 PM »

Yeah, lift them up as opposed to reefing on it or jerking really hard.  If you do that, the bomb actually scoots ahead of the hook and it falls with no hook behind it and is basically pointless.  I've had amazing success casting BBs offshore in the Victoria and Sooke area when I lived on the island.  Just go somewhat gentle with it, but remember its the dropping motion that attracts the fish.  I've caught them trolling as well, but certainly the lift/drop is what works the best.  4W was the money for most of the salmon I caught but if you can find 3L they aren't too shabby. 

I get it.....pointless....... hahahahaha