Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: White spring sashimi  (Read 8148 times)

bobby b

Re:White spring sashimi
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 05:10:34 PM »

lol...it does too!! Just a tab on my jacket ...collar.

Nawt evry Oirishman belawns te a Parish yah know...

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
Re: White spring sashimi
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 07:40:54 PM »

Why isn't this in the fish kitchen section of FWR?

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?board=7.0

hello..mods :)

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2017, 08:37:46 PM »

Why isn't this in the fish kitchen section of FWR?

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?board=7.0

hello..mods :)

Because it is not a recipe, and the discussion is about the quality of the flesh of some under-appreciated salmon species, and not their preparation. Also, it gets much more exposure in this section, as well as it provides you with an opportunity to bi*ch about something since you obviously have nothing better to do tonight.  :)

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 09:11:00 PM »

It looks Mmmmilo delicious.  ;D

TimL

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2017, 09:21:19 PM »

It looks Mmmmilo delicious.  ;D
I agree! Color looks like that of tuna sashimi  :)

BentRodsGuiding

• Bent Rods Guiding & Fishing
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2017, 04:42:43 AM »

Choosing the best eating Chums is never about it being Chrome. A hard fleshed male Chum will still sport bars but have little tooth development. I always eat the males and I actually prefer Chums over Coho.
Fraser River Sturgeon, Salmon and Steelhead www.bentrods.ca

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2017, 08:44:13 AM »

Choosing the best eating Chums is never about it being Chrome. A hard fleshed male Chum will still sport bars but have little tooth development. I always eat the males and I actually prefer Chums over Coho.

x2 on preferring to eat male fish.
That is one of the reasons I stopped fishing with roe. To get roe, I had to settle for lesser quality tablefare.
I do sometimes trade fish with my buddies if I happen to catch a nice doe and they have a nice buck, but want the roe. Win-win.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 08:47:34 AM by milo »

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2017, 11:01:10 AM »

I'd love to hear more about how to decide whether a chum will be good meat or not. I kept 2 that I thought were ok but I never really know what people use to make that decision.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2017, 01:58:29 PM »

Because it is not a recipe, and the discussion is about the quality of the flesh of some under-appreciated salmon species, and not their preparation. Also, it gets much more exposure in this section, as well as it provides you with an opportunity to bi*ch about something since you obviously have nothing better to do tonight.  :)

Hey I didn't bother reading the nuances of your comments since they sort of go on and on on lol. Most normal people post in the recipe section when consuming sashimi is the topic. But no probs milo, we are happy to accommodate your needs.

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2017, 02:05:44 PM »

I think its a great concept, a clean chum doe or white spring doe taken for both meat and bait. Im all good with my coho bounty this fall myself to worry about it much though, even traded some for moose meat and picked a fridge full of chanterells and cauliflower mushrooms to go with it.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2017, 02:19:52 PM »

Hey I didn't bother reading the nuances of your comments since they sort of go on and on on lol. Most normal people post in the recipe section when consuming sashimi is the topic. But no probs milo, we are happy to accommodate your needs.

Did you just call me abnormal? Thanks for the compliment.  :)

I have always prided myself of not being like most "normal" people. I don't wear blinders, I question authority, and I don't think mainstream. I leave that to sheeple. Being unconventional has caused me a few inconveniences over the years, but most of them were minor. Like pissing off a fellow forum member by not posting a topic containing the word 'sashimi' in the title in the "kitchen zone".

All that said, may my poor choice of thread parking be your biggest problem these days, Dennis. :)
Sadly, I have some much less trivial things to fret over, so I appreciate the distraction.

Peace.   :-*

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2017, 02:42:21 PM »

I think its a great concept, a clean chum doe or white spring doe taken for both meat and bait. Im all good with my coho bounty this fall myself to worry about it much though, even traded some for moose meat and picked a fridge full of chanterells and cauliflower mushrooms to go with it.

On tuesday i watched people leave with their limit. Watched parents and kids leave with limits.  Not sure many have room left in their freezers lol