Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: squamish area.  (Read 2402 times)

stlhd4ever

squamish area.
« on: June 20, 2007, 05:59:44 PM »

Gonna be heading up to squamish for mon tues and wed wanna get some good fishing in while i'm there. Is the squamish and cheak producing and if so what ? where to fish i'll be using gear drifting wool etc. Any other suggestions?
Wishin I was Fishin

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: squamish area.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 06:07:45 PM »

Gonna be heading up to squamish for mon tues and wed wanna get some good fishing in while i'm there. Is the squamish and cheak producing and if so what ? where to fish i'll be using gear drifting wool etc. Any other suggestions?
Hopefully Rodney sees this.  I am not sure if it is open, also....  the river may be pretty murky right now from glacial run-off... :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 06:35:56 PM »

Freshet. Not the best time of the year unfortunately.

fintail1

• got milt?
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 09:26:28 AM »

cheak will be in Ok shape cause it has a damn but it won't be that great, a few bull char and dolls here and there but besides that and the odd spring, i think you should stick to the lakes, should be good at this time of year.  if you have the time though ivey lake in mount currie might be worth it. I dont know htough cause its an extremely moddy lake but if you go at the right time it can be just 5lbers off leeches all day long. But if you are thinking of going then phone whistler fly fishing.
Fishing is one jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other

stlhd4ever

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 12:09:01 PM »

Unfortunatly I will be taking my trailer full of windows and doors so a boat is not an option. I don't have a belly boat anymore. Any good lakes close to town with good shore access. And good fishing.
Wishin I was Fishin

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 12:12:20 PM »

Alice Lake has plenty of shore access. Some rainbow trout are available.
Murrin has even more but can be crowded. Some rainbow trout are available.
Brohm Lake has some shore access. There are small cuthroat trout (8 inches) and some rainbow trout.

stlhd4ever

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 12:15:02 PM »

Thanks Rodney, I think I will put in some time on the cheak. Not worried about low numbers of fish I usually seem to find some. Any suggestions on where to fish. What about the Mamquam river anything worth while?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 12:18:34 PM by stlhd4ever »
Wishin I was Fishin

fintail1

• got milt?
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 01:39:42 PM »

basically the mamquam well, sucks most of the time unless salmon are running.  A spot that would be money on the cheak at this time of year would be smokehouse, don't miss it, i always do well just before freshet comes through the damn in that hole. Be careful though cause if they do let water through the damn then it can rise very quickley.good luck and be sure to post a report. Alice lake is pretty good for shore casting but i dont like the fact that there are some locals that go there and treat it alot like the fisherman at lafarge treat it.  That said it is still a good lake but cat lake had some decent fishin off the warf for some pretty big ones actually, i caught a 2.5lber last year. But they average pretty small.
Fishing is one jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other