Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tunkwa???  (Read 1739 times)

rob.l

• Pick up your trash boys and girls!!
Tunkwa???
« on: May 08, 2007, 03:00:34 PM »

Any work on the status of Tunkwa?? Thinking of making my anual trip up there
Thanks
Rob

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Tunkwa???
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 10:14:53 PM »

I heard its been cold at night but fishing is starting to pick up. Guys using chronies have had some luck. Supposed to hit over 20 degrees in Merritt this weekend so now is the time to go.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Zpg

Re: Tunkwa???
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 09:53:12 AM »

I went up this time last year and had pretty good success. Unfortunately aside from the evening worm fishing, the ONLY thing that was getting fish was a very small chrono in light brown. It was the most amazing thing. We were anchored 40' away from another boat in a bay and the other guys were nailing one after another. Not a word of a lie they had to have got 30 fish and we didn't get a single hit. We were using the exact same chronimid but in a slightly larger size and got skunked. That night I wandered up to their trailer and asked them what they were using and the guy gave me 2 chronimids that they were using. The next day we landed 18.  The web site http://www.tunkwalakeresort.com/fishingreport.php has a very informative fishing report including photo's of the flies that are working.

I have also skipped over to Leighton when things on Tunkwa have been too slow or busy.....some big buggers in Leighton if you can get them to bite!

Have a GREAT trip!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 12:14:15 PM by Zpg »
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright