Advanced search  

Poll

Do you smoke up while fishing?

Yes
- 38 (40%)
No
- 57 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: Marijuana  (Read 27586 times)

Jk47

Re: Marijuana
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2018, 02:02:51 PM »

Sugar coat it all you want....in the long run, nothing good will come out of this and I can just imagine the implications this will have on our health care system. Medicinal use is one thing, but catagorizing it as recreational is just irresponsible.
Perhaps you would care to provide proof of the current ‘implications’ of its already widespread consumption on our health care system? Surely (since it’s use is pretty abundant, especially in B.C) there must be some evidence of the detriment to our society’s health in general. Last time I checked the E.R. and Hospice wasn’t jam packed full of sick and dying marijuana users. In fact -last time I checked, marijuana has helped ease the symptoms and suffering of many patients of many different ailments and diseases. The fact that you say you can understand legalizing medical use in the same sentence as this is an oxymoron
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 02:45:41 PM by Jk47 »

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2018, 03:27:07 PM »

The fact that you say you can understand legalizing medical use in the same sentence as this is an oxymoron

I think you need to learn the proper use of the word in proper context. So you're saying the act of using prescription pills as a recreational drug is also an oxymoron? If you didn't get what I meant then I can't help you... maybe someone can explain it better.

GordJ

« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2018, 03:43:01 PM »

I would have to disagree with you. By legalizing marijuana and allowing people to grow them in their homes makes it difficult for law enforcement to distinguish legal activity from criminal. To have a legal possession of 30 grams is totally ridiculous and unnecessary and I believe pushers will have a hay day with this new legislation. Unless caught red handed, how would you prove that a person with that much weed isn't selling to your kids?

I know that this is beating a dead horse but it was literally easier for a kid to buy pot last year than to buy a case of beer or a pack of cigarettes. I was told, years ago, that the main cause of poaching of deer (or moose?) in the Maritimes was the fact that it took about 18 months to get your gun licence and hunting licence.
It is easier to buy a handgun from the street than a legal one. Same with assault type rifles. Most regulated items are easier to obtain from the street.
We are allowed to brew our own beer but I haven’t heard of too many kids buying backyard beer to go to a party.
A large portion of users now use pot to treat their health issues and pot has yet to be blamed for causing any significant issues. Probably fewer issues than salt and sugar.
Of course, there will be a transition with growing pains but the industry will evolve into a production/distribution system that will be monitored and controlled similar to liquor and I firmly believe that most if not all of your concerns will avoided.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2018, 03:54:49 PM »

The smell bothers me. Peoples vape, cigs and weed. I am in an unfortunate location. The two houses beside us have sold to new owners and BOTH of them have adult children living at home and smoke weed on a DAILY bassis almost hourly outside on the deck. I cant even take my two kids in the yard or have a family BBQ. It STINKS ALL THE TIME. Not to mention my guests have to park 4 houses down because everyone wants to park on the street in Mission. But that's another story. The weed stinks up our house. We can't even have a window open. I've talked nicely, filed a bylaw complain with the schity anf even got into a few yelling matches with these grown a$$ men that live with their parents. Some people that toke are nice and all that cupcakes but the stink is annoying. Also, I wonder how many homes will become ruined from mold damage now. I doubt the RCMP will be busting anyone with more than 4 plants. We have a full scale grow show at the end of our block. That stinks too :(

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2018, 04:24:05 PM »

Kids steel their parents weed and sell it at school, or find other creative means of acquiring it. There is no imaginary underworld of ‘pushers’ trying to hook your kids on weed. And comparing the legalization of marijuana with safe injection sites and drugs like heroin and crystal meth is about as intelligent and educated as your theory of the possibility that anyone possessing 30 measly grams of pot might be out to ‘push’ it to your kids! Hogwash!

No imaginary underworld of pushers? Are you kidding me? You ever heard of the terms "matching" and "fronting". Common in the world of dealers. I know because I was involved in that world in my teens and early 20's. Something I'm not proud of, but not afraid to share experiences, with any young people willing to listen. So if kids are stealing pot from their parents to sell to other kids or attaining them in any other "creative" ways...wouldn't that raise a red flag in your own sense of morals? Wouldn't that also constitute as a definition of 'Pusher'?

If you want to compare Apples with Apples...Marijuana THC levels in the 1960's and 1970's pale in comparison with the strains of today that are up to 15 times the potency and increasing. Now cases are popping up of people overdosing on ingested weed that if that was 35 years ago would be a subject of laughter...but who cares right? Because all users of 'today' including minors are well informed and responsible. The days of Red Hair, Cambo, Maui Wowee, Thai, Home Grown, and original Skunk are gone. Now it's not uncommon to get products that are laced. So legalizing it will automatically make things better? Give your head a shake.

I compare it to safe injection sites because of it's potential to become a health issue, more so now, that it's legal and main stream. If you think that's a harsh comparison, come back to me in 10 years and let's see if I'm way off base.

PaulyD

« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2018, 05:23:18 PM »

Laced weed makes no sense !! It wouldn’t burn right and would taste like chit!

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2018, 05:34:34 PM »

...30 measly grams of pot

That's like 90 joints!  :o How many joints can a person smoke in a day that justifies having that quantity at any given time? If one really need that much than they can consider themselves an addict. No different from anyone needing alcohol or cigarettes everyday to get by.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2018, 05:40:44 PM »

Not true...back in the day they laced them with pcp and heroin. Ever hear of Coco Puffs or Hash Sticks? Can be done with plain tobacco and also low level weeds to enhance it's potency.

I only bring it up to help educate. People who knows...will agree.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 05:42:46 PM by blaydRnr »

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2018, 05:43:17 PM »

Do you live under a rock ?

Weed can be laced with anything. PCP, coke, fentanyl, heroin, ketamine and anything else really. Even stuff you've never heard of goes on black market weed. Even the agents used to grow it goes into the plants. Maybe one day the government will get a better handle on the growers and enforce strict guidelines. It is one benefit of legalization. The smokers will have a better chance to know what is in it.

PaulyD

« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2018, 05:48:28 PM »

Keep believing everything you hear in the news smart guy clearly you have no idea how weed works

PaulyD

« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2018, 05:54:00 PM »

It’s a plant that grows and any chemicals besides Nitrogen , potassium ,and phosphorus would hurt that plant so therefore adding these other drugs you speak of will probably kill that plant ...next your gonna tell me they dip the buds in coke or pcp whatever right ..

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2018, 05:56:33 PM »

Keep believing everything you hear in the news smart guy clearly you have no idea how weed works

Really ? There is obviously no point in taking this any further with you. Pot has been laced for decades. You sir have your head in the sand or are trolling.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 05:58:32 PM by Hike_and_fish »

PaulyD

« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2018, 06:06:56 PM »

Known a lot of growers for a lot of years even scumbag ones too and they don’t lace they’re weed . Maybe somebody has sprinkled some coke into a pre-roll but I doubt it was to get someone ‘hooked’ .. you can tell the difference right when it gets lit it smells like chemical way different than when it’s just bud

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2018, 06:51:57 PM »

.. you can tell the difference right when it gets lit it smells like chemical way different than when it’s just bud

How would you know if you have no experience with lacing? PCP is a prime example where you can add it to marijuana during the drying stage and by the time you get it you won't know that it's there until after you feel the affects of it. It's odourless and tasteless even during the combustion stage.

Forget the news, listen and learn from those with first hand experience and if still not convinced ask a certified grower or go to your local police detachment and inquire about it. No need to take it from what's written on this forum, just do your research and see if credible authorities in the field concur.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 06:59:28 PM by blaydRnr »

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2018, 07:18:50 PM »

Known a lot of growers for a lot of years even scumbag ones too and they don’t lace they’re weed . Maybe somebody has sprinkled some coke into a pre-roll but I doubt it was to get someone ‘hooked’ .. you can tell the difference right when it gets lit it smells like chemical way different than when it’s just bud

Sprinkling coke into a PRD is lacing. BTW I never said anything about getting folks hooked.