Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steelhead Returns  (Read 14913 times)

Pat AV

Re: Steelhead Returns
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2013, 09:23:55 AM »

I'll let someone else tell these fishless rods they're beeks :D

Just sharing my experiences, I saw tonnes of fish while down there and even got two on the starvation stick in very limited river time. My intention was not to discredit the observations of others just to share my own.
Like STS pics? Check out my gallery at http://gallery.flybc.ca/patav

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2013, 10:03:22 AM »

Just sharing my experiences, I saw tonnes of fish while down there and even got two on the starvation stick in very limited river time. My intention was not to discredit the observations of others just to share my own.

Same with me... from what I saw, I would have considered the latter part of the month of December not bad.
Like I said, just could have been the area of river... wrong place at the wrong time kinda thing.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2013, 02:14:39 PM »

Hey, all's good, just a few grumpy locals not catching fish while others are - just glad it's not me because I hate that ;D Thanks for your comments Pat and Dan.  Glad you guys had some good fishing.

rockonfishing

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2013, 05:02:55 PM »

:)I'm a member of the Nicomekl Enhancement Society in Langley and at our latest meeting we were told that we may start raising steelhead, at present we have great returns of coho and springs which feed many of the lower mainland streams, with most in the Surrey/Langley/whiterock watershed.
fish on, Rockon

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2013, 06:48:03 PM »

:)I'm a member of the Nicomekl Enhancement Society in Langley and at our latest meeting we were told that we may start raising steelhead, at present we have great returns of coho and springs which feed many of the lower mainland streams, with most in the Surrey/Langley/whiterock watershed.
fish on, Rockon

Please keep us informed with this project!  Local community invovlement and interest in salmon is key to their urban survival, imo.

Pat AV

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2013, 09:44:04 PM »

fish on, Rockon

Right on we did extensive work with you guys back when I was still living down south working for LEPS, great group of guys with an amazing thing going on. Beautiful trail network adjacent to the hatchery as well. Like Dave I am very interested to hear more about your foray into steelhead culture as you move forward.

Pat AV

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2013, 09:46:44 PM »

Same with me... from what I saw, I would have considered the latter part of the month of December not bad.
Like I said, just could have been the area of river... wrong place at the wrong time kinda thing.

I think I saw you guys, were you and a young lady fishing the back side of Peach by the gravel pit on Christmas Eve? If so I was the guy on the other side chucking the spey and loosing that fish right by the beach.