Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A pink tale September 10th, 2007  (Read 2726 times)

bcguy

A pink tale September 10th, 2007
« on: September 11, 2007, 12:39:56 PM »

A fish I caught last night with a bit of a story behind it.

I raced to the river, right after the gym last night, only to find my “secret spot” invaded by 3 or 4 boaters, full of loud belligerent drunks, who were having no luck at all (I call it KARMA).
There is barely half an hr of daylight left and, well (5) minutes later I’ve lost all my new lures,… snag, …snag, snag, CRAAAAAAAP!!!!!
So I throw on a crappy little pink spoon, and chuck that for a while, but to no avail.
Now its getting dark, all the boaters have left, and I finally feel a little peace in the serenity of a fading sunset....ahhhhh, serenity now…., when it happens…SNAG….. So I’m thinking, its getting dark, …should I stay, or just bail. Not being a quitter, I crack a beer, sit down, tie on a new leader, dig though my tackle until I find a gold hammered croc with a nice big pink stripe…JACKPOT!!!
I toss the hardware out on a nice cast, let it sink for 2 or 3 seconds and start my retrieve, (will it snag?...will it snag?…, please don’t snag, please don’t snag) well about 10 ft from shore, yank, S**T NOT AGAIN!!!! WHOATHISSNAGISFIGHTINGBACK…YAHOOOOO!!!!!!!FISHON!!!!!!!!
(5) minutes later I pull in a nice doe, but now its dark, black actually, so I’m trying to bonk the fish, trying to hang onto it in the dark, oops kicked my tackle box over, gear every where now, and a struggling fish trying to flop back into the water…WHOA, WHEREDOYOUTHINKYOURGOING???
BONK,BONK,BONK!!!!! Whew…. Now to get outta here.  Think I got every thing I came with (minus 4 or 5 lures), and make my way back to the Jeep, everything EXCEPT MY WALLET…AAHHHHHHHH

Spend the next 1/2hr looking for the damn thing, pitch black, and no flashlight, only to give up, …gotta get home and gut this thing.
So this morning I get up, down to the Fraser by 7am, and start my search, 30 seconds later, YEEHAAAAAA, right at the spot I was trying to bonk the fish last night, with the waves gently rocking it back and forth at waters edge…..right next to the last lure I lost.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 06:30:27 PM by Rodney »
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

adriaticum

• Old Timer
Re: A pink tale
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 12:56:01 PM »

:D
Good tale!

gheart008

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 01:21:51 PM »

My only question is how did you know for sure it was a pink and not something you couldn't keep before you start bonking it?   ;)

PS: Nice catch!

bcguy

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 01:47:25 PM »

Dont be getting all righteous, I was just trying to share some fishing humour   ;D
I wouldnt have bonked it if it wasnt a Pink,....well maybe a pikeminnow ::)
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 01:59:38 PM »

My only question is how did you know for sure it was a pink and not something you couldn't keep before you start bonking it?   ;)

PS: Nice catch!

perhaps he wouldnt bonk it if it wasnt a pink

PS: in the regulation card there are ways to differentiate salmon species
hardware == fish

Headshake

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 02:06:02 PM »

Great story. Full of anxiety, hope, fear,tragedy, and loss. This story even has villains, wow. Thank goodness for the happy ending. That was one expensive pink, and I hope that others come easier.
I'ts either a fish or the bottom!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 02:07:06 PM »

lmfao! that one made me laugh :D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Will_CARP

• I love fishing!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 02:38:56 PM »

Lol that was great!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 03:39:51 PM »

Don't you love those last casts ?

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 04:34:54 PM »

Hilarious fish story. Nice fish.

phatwop

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 01:29:26 PM »

Nice story, it had it all and in the end you got the girl ( doe)

BladeKid

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 09:29:51 PM »

lol..thats hilarious...thanks for sharing...nice fish!

Keen-an

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 07:23:48 PM »

nice fish ;D....