Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Skagit River, July 14th 2009: More Americans than fish!  (Read 736 times)

mykisscrazy

Skagit River, July 14th 2009: More Americans than fish!
« on: July 17, 2009, 12:05:57 AM »

More Americans than fish!

Was actually quite surprised, from the bridge downstream to the suspension bridge every day use pullout had 2 to 4 cars! and most were from Washington State.

Did find one pullout empty - Went down and found a nice run and pool. Unfortunately the river is still a little high and we couldn't quite cross. A few fish were rising, but not what I have seen before (never fished it in July before). Fishing partner caught one.

All of a sudden heard a bunch of noise - a heard of 7 people came down upon us. A fly shop from Bellingham was giving lessons. Why the hell did they decide to invade our section I do not know - but even "Flyfisherman" are complete Assholes at times! Anyways we left and decided to see if we could find someplace else. We did, and good numbers of fish rising managed to catch a few. But just could not dial into what they were after- few caddis were coming off, and very small midges.

Agian the Skagit did not disapoint...just fellow flyfishermen who at least were not Canadian....

Pat AV

Re: Skagit River, July 14th 2009: More Americans than fish!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 09:06:15 AM »

I think it is time to classify the Skagit.

That said I have fished many days down in Washington and have found most fly flickers down there to be good, solid dudes.
Like STS pics? Check out my gallery at http://gallery.flybc.ca/patav