Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mike Lake - October 13/06  (Read 744 times)

mrking

Mike Lake - October 13/06
« on: October 13, 2006, 04:57:46 PM »

My first report. Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;)

Fly Fishing Mike Lake in Golden Ears Provincal Park

Got to the lake at about 8:15am or so. Put together the pontoon boat and walked it down the hill. Hey, what is that? A dock! Wow, when did they put that in. Nice. Makes casual fishing and launching much easier.

A couple was on the dock already fishing with Powerbiat and trying to catch their limit. I was there to get away from the river and all the chum. Lakes are nice sometimes.

Weather was beautiful and clear. I love fall days like this.

Started off fishing a chromie, just cause I had to try hit. Had a couple hits but nothing really soild. So, after much trial and error I was starting to finally hit the fish on an intermediate clear line with #10 sparkly olive, gold bead head wooly bugger. Nothing was really happening until I started to troll in an 'S' type pattern. I find trolling this way to be killer as it cahnges up the fly speed and depth.

Hit a fish and got it to the net, a good 15 inches or so. Beauty. Hit another but lost it. Lots o taps along the way, then at about 1pm or so I hit a nice fish. After a few minutes fighting it and having it drag me into the shallows I got it into the net. Took my fly out and noticed fishing line still coming out of its mouth. Did some more research and found that it was an escaped fish. There was a snelled bait hook #12ish, still stuck deep down in his mouth. Pulled out the hemostats and got it free and untwisted the line that was around him. Poor guy, I tried to revive him but the most he would do is float on his side. With that being said I had to call it a day and brought him home for dinner.

22 inches and somewhere between 3 and 4 lbs. My largest fish from that lake to date.

Great day fishing, but I wish this guy could have made it. :'(
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 05:10:20 PM by mrking »

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Re: Mike Lake - October 13/06
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 05:03:07 PM »

thanks for the report, nice fishy ;)
weeeeeeeeeow!

OldTrout

• dino on a leash !!
Re: Mike Lake - October 13/06
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 05:36:13 PM »

:) and there's me thinking there is nothing at mike lake except mozzies and swimmers.....

Very nice trout for your tea, hope you enjoyed it

:)