Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: PM Derby Results From Cultus Lake  (Read 3696 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
PM Derby Results From Cultus Lake
« on: June 15, 2013, 05:40:10 PM »

661 anglers turned in 560 fish with 196 caught by juniors and 364 by adults. 4 tagged fish were taken with one being a specially tagged fish giving the angler $100 cash. Another very successful event under ideal conditions.

More detailed report later.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 07:16:00 AM by chris gadsden »

zap brannigan

Re: PM Derby Results From Cultus Lake
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 09:49:15 PM »

i missed out, too bad could of boosted that catch number.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 07:20:35 AM »

Well another pikeminnow derby at Cultus Lake is in the books. After 2 out of the last 3 derbies being very wet the 661 anglers and organizers on Saturday were greeted by a calm sunny day for a change.

The Fraser Valley Salmon Society after running the derby the last few years turned the derby over to be run by Cultus Lake Aquatic Stewardship Strategy (CLASS) however many FVSS directors and members were there running the weigh scales, helping with the prizes and draws.

Many anglers were on the water at first light and some fished tight up to the 2 pm deadline with all the docks crowded with anglers. Before the award presentations 560 fish were brought to the scales. Junior anglers caught 196 and adults 364 pikeminnows. One angler was lucky to catch a FVSS specially tagged fish and took home $100 cash. There also was 3 FOC tagged fish taken.

In the junior class Ethan Zue took home the Greg Clarke Memorial Trophy along with $100 cash plus prizes. His fish hit the scales at .78 Kg and was .09 ahead of Kassidy Nienhuis’s .69 Kg pikeminnow.

Cole Rogozinski topped the adult division with a .76 Kg entry just edging out Rick Devries’s .75 Kg fish. Winners both won prizes along with cash for their winning entries.

The father son combination of Peter and Tyler Buck defended their most pikeminnow title again this year with son Tyler edging out his dad by a 52 to 48 count. They won $200 and $150 along with prizes.

In the junior division Karena Williams took top spot with 25 fish followed by Owen Nelson with 22. They also won cash and prizes.

All 4 categories also saw third and fourth positions entries winning money and prizes.

The smallest fish was taken by Lindsay Alsop measuring only 83mm

Thanks to all local merchants that donated the many prizes that helped make for a fun and successful event.

More pictures will be put on the FVSS web site by this evening for those that wish to view.

StillAqua

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 07:39:47 AM »

Before the award presentations 560 fish were brought to the scales.

The father son combination of Peter and Tyler Buck defended their most pikeminnow title again this year with son Tyler edging out his dad by a 52 to 48 count.

Wow.....the Bucks are PM fishing machines....maybe DFO could hire them to clean the rest of the PM out of the lake for the sockeye..... ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 12:37:55 PM »

Just given an updated number of tickets sold by the ticket sales chairman, is now at 711. ;D

jimmywits

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 01:00:57 PM »

what do they do with the fish?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Robert_G

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 05:44:49 PM »

Lots of hard work put into it...kudos to you guys, but it was the first and last time I'll ever do it.
Gong show it was....the young guy with his 2 girlfriends smoking pot with their tops off floating by me in their beach floater whatever it was and just about getting caught in my anchor did me in. Had to explain a lot to my 2 boys on Saturday.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 08:53:51 PM »

Lots of hard work put into it...kudos to you guys, but it was the first and last time I'll ever do it.
Gong show it was....the young guy with his 2 girlfriends smoking pot with their tops off floating by me in their beach floater whatever it was and just about getting caught in my anchor did me in. Had to explain a lot to my 2 boys on Saturday.
Sorry to hear that, spoiling what should have been a good fishing day for you and your sons.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 09:38:39 PM »

Full story and picture I filed with the Chilliwack Progress from their web site.

http://www.theprogress.com/news/212257541.html

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 10:05:08 PM »

Couldn't find the pics of the topless girls in that link. :(

I got skunked there this time.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?