Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stacey lake  (Read 8079 times)

strobes

stacey lake
« on: June 16, 2011, 06:28:51 PM »

after reading about this lake on some other forums i have become curious about checking it out.  does anyone have any info or tips for this lake?
<>{Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies}<>

colin6101

Re: stacey lake
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 12:07:51 AM »

Just a heads up, I went to fish there a week ago and they are doing active logging on the road in. The guys there were really nice but warned me that the road might become blocked behind me. I was with other people and none of us felt like spending the night up there and didn't know any other way down so we decided to go on an adventure to some other lakes instead.

one more cast

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 12:56:18 AM »

Just a heads up, I went to fish there a week ago and they are doing active logging on the road in. The guys there were really nice but warned me that the road might become blocked behind me. I was with other people and none of us felt like spending the night up there and didn't know any other way down so we decided to go on an adventure to some other lakes instead.

Now that's what I would call "good info" :)

phogan

• and wave them like you just dont care.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 09:42:56 AM »

go on the weekend, the roads arent active.  very small lake, you are best off in a float tube or on a very small boat, because there is alot of deadfall in the corners.  average fish size is about 8-10 inches, but if you are patient, you can get some 12-14 that have been living there for a couple seasons.  dont go in winter, at less than a hectare, the freeze lasts well into mid spring.  went there a couple weekends ago, and right now, it is one of my favorite lakes in the Upper Fraser Valley, even if it is tiny, its so secluded you feel a million miles away.

best to go with someone who has gone before, sometimes you will drive right by the entrance to the final bushy kilometer and not even realize it.
----------------------------------------------------------
you can never get enough.

strobes

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 10:10:24 AM »

Does it have a boat launch for a 12 foot aluminum? 
<>{Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies}<>

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 02:54:21 PM »

No launch... gotta carry whatever you have down a hill.
Kind of a little dock there.
Ice didn't come off too long ago, 3 weeks ago it was still frozen solid when we went up.
Amazing dry fly action in the evening. Biggest I've landed there is 18 inches (only ever got one this size).
Lots in the 10-14 inch range, couple 16's when I went up last year later in the summer but if it was just stocked they will be smaller.