Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Carole James Steps Down  (Read 4706 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Carole James Steps Down
« on: December 06, 2010, 11:52:31 AM »

Kinda thought this was in the works after yesterday's Emergency Meeting was canceled.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20101206/bc_james_resigns_101206/20101206?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

Well overdue! Might actually give the new LIEberals leader a run for the money... IF they pick someone with a little bit of competence that is...

Cheers,
Nog

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: Carole James Steps Down
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 12:03:35 PM »

I agree it's a sad day for the liberals. Hopefully the NDP will get back on track by electing Jenny Kwon as leader!  ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 04:15:36 PM »

I agree it's a sad day for the liberals. Hopefully the NDP will get back on track by electing Jenny Kwon as leader!  ;D

Hope not.
Jenny Kwon has been doing a terrific job in her riding. Why change what isn't broken?
I'd be terribly disappointed in her if she runs for the party leadership.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 07:17:08 PM »

Maybe Bob Williams will finally ascend to be the party leader, something that he always wanted but never attained.

k.c.

• A bad day fishing beats a good day working
    • west coast bass anglers
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 07:25:16 PM »

Both parties better get their s#@t together, who is going to invest in a province with so much political uncertainty. :-\

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 08:05:55 PM »

Get ready for an election in the New Year.

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 09:05:27 PM »

Think about it, just when you thought the Liberals were in bad shape. The NDP, starts to tear up it's own party apart from the inside out. The whole political scene in this province is a complete joke.

Maybe they should have taken Marc Emery's advice and just smoked a doob and then everybody would have gotten along.  ;D

Liberals still win in 2011, hands down, no matter what. HST or not, people have short memories and the little guy will get screwed in the "end" again. I love my province, I just hate who runs it.  >:(

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 09:14:59 AM »

Carol James had no choice but to step down as leader.

Her only other choice was to expel the dissident members - I heard that meant up to 40% of the party.

Which would have meant a 40% cut in funding for the party.

CameronT120

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 12:38:41 PM »

Gee, forced out by a minority.  How come nobody is screaming about a lack of democracy?  Oh yeah, that only applies to Liberal shenanigans.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 12:58:22 PM »

Gee, forced out by a minority.  How come nobody is screaming about a lack of democracy?  Oh yeah, that only applies to Liberal shenanigans.

So true.... ::)
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

yoda

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 03:00:14 PM »

wow! my dad's philosophy of politics is coming true!  he said the government is like a cabbage head, if you rip a layer off, what do you have? surprise, still a cabbage head, and by the way, when they get cooking, they really smell after a while don't they?

we have both leaders gone, but i guess 2 heads of cabbage left is better than one!

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 09:46:03 PM »

I've got 2 words - Fin Donelly  - he would make Queen Christy work for her throne. It just gets weirder every day.
http://

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 08:37:05 AM »

--If it was a minority Carole would not have stepped down.  The emperor has no cloths....after parading her supporters in public with  a yellow scarf she got the shock when she gave members a chance to speak candidly.  She was the instrument of her own demise and not a victim.
-- The NDP claimed to have a caucus based on consensus and open debate, yet when some members, believing this to be true spoke out, they were kicked out. Jenny made the choice to go public and the media and some members decided to shoot the messenger.
-- Perhaps the new leader should declare if they truly believe in a concensus caucus or a dictatorship.

bcguy

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 12:02:58 PM »

I say we outsource our govt to the Chinese, at least then if they are doing a crappy job we can rip up the contract and go out for tender again, instead of having a govt like the Liberals continue to sell us out to private industry for a buck in their personal accounts...case in point run of the river projects, nice increase in Hydro we have ahead of us. We used to have one, if not the best, cheapest hydro power in the world. Such a great job of managing Hydro, this business friendly govt has done. They couldnt even manage their own resources, and to me, managing doesnt mean selling off.
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB