Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Green Timbers artificial lake  (Read 1248 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Green Timbers artificial lake
« on: June 11, 2007, 07:45:01 PM »

So I went to the local trout pound aka Green Timbers car theft lot, for the first time fishing in many years. Having read the stocking reports for the lake (recent additions of hungry trout). Also having such a quality fishing spot so close, and the temptation to fish with the best that Surrey has to offer lured me on. Got there about 10am and soon was shaking with anticipation as trout surfaced looking generally hungry. I had brought just 3 worms, freshly dug up. These worms were split in two and the half gently slid onto a small barbless hook. Bites in no time and I am not keen on the rod and keep losing worm parts to wiley fishes mouths. Local expert pulls up offering me tips on catching them while filling me in on the problems facing this fishery. His biggest beef being people keeping more than there limit. Just to make sure he knows my intentions I say that all fish I catch are going back. Didn't have to say that as I didn't land any, and the fish ate all the worm I brought. Good times, good views and best of all car was unscathed on return. Fishing was hot...

Picture of the hot spot with local pros in background
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?